Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07533GYH2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had this device for about a week now and I am so glad I bought it. For a whopping $17, my 2006 X now has bluetooth connectivity for streaming audio AND handsfree phone calls.

I've had an FM transmitter for a few years now that I believe I bought off of wish.com or geek.com or a similar chinese cheapo website that has stuff that costs $5 and takes 5 weeks to arrive at your door. I had one for my wife and I both because neither of us has aux input or BT in our vehicles at the time. They were "good enough" at best. Meaning they worked well, but didn't have great audio quality. Also, I HATE cords running across my console and I couldn't charge my phone and listen to music at the same time because I would hear the whining of my alternator.

NOT ANYMORE!

With a trip to Windrock coming up (That's a 6 hour drive for me) I wanted to upgrade my audio situation because I know my wife will want to play music on her phone and I also know her phone will need to be charged.. Plus I have a stubby antenna and I don't get radio stations for crap anymore. So I ordered the Nulaxy FM transmitter and I LOVE it. It plugs right in to my switched 12v socket on my dash so I don't have to plug/unplug it all the time. It broadcasts clear, high quality audio that even my stubby antenna can receive. *SIDE NOTE* I am super picky about audio quality and this makes me plenty happy! When synced with bluetooth, I can answer my phone with the push of a button. My wife said she can hear me "pretty good" when I use it. She didn't complain hearing herself echo so I assume it wasn't happening at all. It also gives a voltage reading when I start the X, which is pretty cool. And when it turns on, this deep, fancy voice says "Waiting for pairing" and "Paired" upon connection. I just enjoy hearing that.

So I 100% recommend this product if you don't want to replace your entire stereo. $17. Received it in 2 days from Amazon. Plug and play. It's great. It's nice to be able to listen to music without having to even get my phone out of my pocket. (I leave BT turned on now) ALSO, I don't even have to have my music app open. When I hit play/pause (press the volume knob), it will open the app and start playing the last song/playlist that I listened to.

For reference, I have a Samsung S7. I use Google Play for streaming music. I have my BT audio on my phone all the way up. Volume on the Nulaxy set to 28/30. Stereo about 18-22 if I'm jamming. 24 would be really rocking out. My music comes though as good as a quality, in range radio station.

5 Stars!

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up one of these from Amazon for about $15. Friencity brand. It's tiny and it uses a microUSB cable or a built-in battery. The sound quality is decent and I'm happy with it for the money.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Jim(tm)
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing