Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'llIt dont look refurbished to me.
To me, it looks as though this item was hanging from a rod with a nut in place when it was painted.

Re , paint everywhere except the spot the nut was covering.

I dont detect any circular scored marks which would imply the nut was tightened against the plate.

I would shoot some paint onto the bare metal and continue on
That’s what I ended up doing but noticed one of the frame mounting brackets wasn’t welded to the Bumpstops mounting plate. So sent an email to etrailer hopefully gonna get another set

·
Registered
392 Posts
I finally was able to open up and inspect the new bumpstops I received from etrailer and I received them in a state that seemed to be refurbished. Has anyone bought TBS in this state before/or dealt with etrailer and has this happen to them? The bump stop itself and all the mounting brackets are dirty. Have some more pics but thought this would tells enough
I just bought a set from etrailer and mine were dirty as hell as well. But it looks new to me, just dirty. Probably just sitting on a shelf in bulk and collecting dust.

I didn't notice any marks or scuffs that would lead to me to think bolts/washers had been torqued down either.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I finally was able to open up and inspect the new bumpstops I received from etrailer and I received them in a state that seemed to be refurbished. Has anyone bought TBS in this state before/or dealt with etrailer and has this happen to them? The bump stop itself and all the mounting brackets are dirty. Have some more pics but thought this would tells enough
I just bought a set from etrailer and mine were dirty as hell as well. But it looks new to me, just dirty. Probably just sitting on a shelf in bulk and collecting dust.

I didn't notice any marks or scuffs that would lead to me to think bolts/washers had been torqued down either.
Look at my previous post. Were both of your frame mounting brackets welded to the bumpstop plate?

101 - 103 of 103 Posts