Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I ordered my 7100s through them being that they had the cheapest price out of all the vendors. Placed my order on line on a Sunday night and the guy called me back Monday morning to confirm my order. He stated that they would take 6-8 weeks being that they had to be special order. I asked him if they could be assembled with steel braided lines instead of the light blue and he stated he would put that in the order. I was charged the full shipped amount for them and the order was placed. (This didn't bother me being that most transactions I have done in the past with other vendors are like this). Three weeks later I receive a shipping confirmation from them stating my shocks were on the way with a tracking number. 3 days later I had them! So even though he originally quoted me 6-8 weeks, I had them in under 4. My first purchase with them, but looking at there track record, it seems they are trying to turn it around. I'm satisfied with my purchase. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I appreciate the response, it goes to show that a little complaining can go a long way if you are talking to the right people (an entire forum of potential customers for the product they sell.)

I accept the apology and understand the situation, however I am no longer interested in dealing with 4x4parts.com. Stickers and zip ties are an awful thing to lose a customer over, and it wasn't even these miscellaneous parts missing but about the way I was treated after having spent my hard earned money helping you put food on your table. If Mike would have called back and said something along the lines of "Listen we are really really busy today because we are short staffed, right now I will have a hard time solving your issue, can you please call back tomorrow and we will set things straight?" I would have gladly complied!

The experiences of everyone else here also speak for themselves. If 4x4parts.com is interested in their online reputation and how to improve it, then they better get their game together and be more consistent with how they treat customers and how they deal with complications, no matter how big or small.

Every customer is equally important.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I appreciate the response, it goes to show that a little complaining can go a long way if you are talking to the right people (an entire forum of potential customers for the product they sell.)

I accept the apology and understand the situation, however I am no longer interested in dealing with 4x4parts.com. Stickers and zip ties are an awful thing to lose a customer over, and it wasn't even these miscellaneous parts missing but about the way I was treated after having spent my hard earned money helping you put food on your table. If Mike would have called back and said something along the lines of "Listen we are really really busy today because we are short staffed, right now I will have a hard time solving your issue, can you please call back tomorrow and we will set things straight?" I would have gladly complied!

The experiences of everyone else here also speak for themselves. If 4x4parts.com is interested in their online reputation and how to improve it, then they better get their game together and be more consistent with how they treat customers and how they deal with complications, no matter how big or small.

Every customer is equally important.
These days there is no space for treating your client like that because there is ten or fifty companies that can supply the product and costumer service that is nice enough. We are not asking for being treated like kings but like human beings who love their vehicles. Just to make a point I want everyone to know that I wont order from 4x4parts because I support xterra forum members.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9 Posts
No Wonder

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...orst-vendor-ever-you-should-avoid-them-64322/
Checkout this link of happy customers and also one of you are on this link no wonder your upset because your a bad customer and they dont want to deal with you i found this doing some research on the forums. They seem pretty good to me. Check the link before jumping on me. Also i understand being upset but we are offroaders who cares if a place is dirty dont be soft be a man your there to get parts that get dirty anyway so y complain and someone next door dumping something who cares that has nothing to do with the sale. You never been there so y expect it to look like something im just saying i have never had a problem and it just seems like this is some petty S*** to complain about atleast they have parts available and atleast you dont have to wait literally 6 months like calmini. I understand that you pay for a new product but just because the box was opened does not mean it is not new are you sure they did not have to add something to the shock maybe that is y it was opened or maybe they wanted to inspect it for damages and make sure u dont complain down the line. Personally im glad they are around they have helped me lots of times and have never given me a problem maybe a delay here and there but they always do good by me. If i have an issue i dont call them screaming like a maniac if you want someone to help you treat them well and maybe they will if they are aholes from the jump that is a different story but they have never been that way towards me.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...orst-vendor-ever-you-should-avoid-them-64322/
Checkout this link of happy customers and also one of you are on this link no wonder your upset because your a bad customer and they dont want to deal with you i found this doing some research on the forums. They seem pretty good to me. Check the link before jumping on me. Also i understand being upset but we are offroaders who cares if a place is dirty dont be soft be a man your there to get parts that get dirty anyway so y complain and someone next door dumping something who cares that has nothing to do with the sale. You never been there so y expect it to look like something im just saying i have never had a problem and it just seems like this is some petty S*** to complain about atleast they have parts available and atleast you dont have to wait literally 6 months like calmini. I understand that you pay for a new product but just because the box was opened does not mean it is not new are you sure they did not have to add something to the shock maybe that is y it was opened or maybe they wanted to inspect it for damages and make sure u dont complain down the line. Personally im glad they are around they have helped me lots of times and have never given me a problem maybe a delay here and there but they always do good by me. If i have an issue i dont call them screaming like a maniac if you want someone to help you treat them well and maybe they will if they are aholes from the jump that is a different story but they have never been that way towards me.
Hi Jane! or someone else who works for AC!

:bs:

Also, punctuation. It's your friend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haha

Thats funny that you would say that i figured but no your totally wrong if i was i would have responded along time ago so nice try im stating the facts because you guys are bashing a company that helps me get stuff for my truck so i will stick up for them did you check the link to see what i was talking about lots of people that have good experiences some of you are mad y because they dont want to bow down to you just because you spend a dollar that means nothing does not mean you can make demands and talk to people like there worth nothing when there the one of the only companies that makes parts for our vehicles. Obviously not every experience is gonna be perfect but life is not perfect and nothing goes as planned so be a man and own that fact. Somebody at AC your just a hater. 4x4parts.com what's up you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Thats funny that you would say that i figured but no your totally wrong if i was i would have responded along time ago so nice try im stating the facts because you guys are bashing a company that helps me get stuff for my truck so i will stick up for them did you check the link to see what i was talking about lots of people that have good experiences some of you are mad y because they dont want to bow down to you just because you spend a dollar that means nothing does not mean you can make demands and talk to people like there worth nothing when there the one of the only companies that makes parts for our vehicles. Obviously not every experience is gonna be perfect but life is not perfect and nothing goes as planned so be a man and own that fact. Somebody at AC your just a hater. 4x4parts.com what's up you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!
glad to see you signed up for the forum TODAY just to post on this thread.

·
on line
3,465 Posts
Hey, you sound so familiar to the one I had to put up with your sh!t over.

Do us a favor and get off this forum. Its clearly obvious you work for AC or have close ties to the owner and you're just making a big ass idiot out of yourself posting after signing up TODAY with 2 posts only to bash us back.

We're all speaking from experience we've had with AC so if you don't like what you read on here, maybe YOU or AC should concentrate on IMPROVING your end, instead of bashing us on here for the negative reviews.

Just another ridiculous outburst from AC and you just made it clear as why we don't want to deal with you or want your business, so thank you for making an idiot out of yourself more! Way to represent AC!

·
on line
767 Posts
Punctuation man!! Use it! I started to try and read both of your posts, but stopped after my head hurt due to the lack of punctuation. I feel like Im reading a post that a 12 year old would have written. If your post used full words (or acceptable forum abbreviations e.g. iirc) and had punctuation I would read it and it would be much easier to get your point across.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh Watch Out

Actually im am part of other forums and i came on here to join another forum i was looking through posts and found this. It's funny how you guys are quick to bash someone. As for punctuation thats hurts so much that you say that. Just read and it makes sense i never knew that only college graduates that have a degree in english are only allowed to post. Also nothing is clear you dont know me at all none of you do so your notions of me being part of them is retarded. I dont like seeing people talk trash about someone over dumb reasons like the neighbor was pouring oil are you guys serious really? Do me a favor and be a man there is always two sides to a story not one and also respect is a two way street. You treat them like s*** they will still try to help even though they should not help crazy people. I had a problem with my bilstein shocks for my vehicle and they sent me out a new one to replace the one that was damaged so im just stating one of my experiences with them. It's funny how i put up a link and no one checked it out though. Im not trying to start problems with no one here but some of these things seem petty not enough to bash a company over.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
unsubscribed.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
You keep mentioning "be a man", well how bout you "be a man" and quite whining like a 2 year old just because someone doesnt agree with your opinion. People might take you seriously if you "be a man" and simply and coherently state your point instead of insisting everyone else's views on a company are invalid.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9 Posts
Point Stated

I did state my point and they jumped over me because i think arguing with a company about a neighbor pouring oil in a drain is petty is it not? Did you not go to pick up your merchandise. Im saying no one is perfect but there are not that many companies out there that offer parts so excuse me if i love my Nissan and dont want to see another company go under because of babies crying about a sticker and some zip ties. Also the place was not professional his words so what was expected did he call before hand to ask if this was a storefront. I have seen shops that are just garages and from what he said i think that what they are. If anyone got offended i apologize but i was trying to state what i though was wrong as well. Remember they have been around a while so when they have something you need dont you guys want to have them available at least? just asking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys,

long read ahead, but definitely worth a look if you are considering 4x4parts:

Just wanted to share my experience over a recent purchase thru 4x4parts/AC.

Purchased a set of rear lift shackles, camber bolts, rancho XL rears and quick lift loaded fronts, since rancho is having a 3-for-4 deal and I like the ease, beef and adjust-ability provided with this set up.

Since I live about an hour away from their physical location, I decided to pick up "in store" even though they insisted on charging me $65 to have UPS deliver it to my house.

I spoke with Mike, Chris and Kyle, and the only one who was helpful and seemed interested in my purchase (hefty amount of $) was Chris.

They took exactly a week from the day I placed my order to the day I picked it up. I don't have any complaints, but then again they took a week to weld a pair of shackles (shouldn't they have some built in inventory to ship out immediately?)

Anyway, not impressed by the warehouse or the environment, it was extremely messy, and unwelcoming, no reception or office area, not even any space to stand in without feeling like you are going to tip something over.

Not to mention their neighbor was dumping some weird oil contaminated water mixture into the rain drain (iirc that is not legal.)

So when the assistant brings out my merchandise, the two rear shock boxes were open- I decided to make sure everything was in place quickly with the entire purchase.

When I get home, I open up the boxes and realize one of the shocks was missing some misc. items (sticker and zip tie for shock body/boot) but more importantly I was missing bolt sleeves. I had one large dia bolt sleeve initially, and after some digging one small dia bolt sleeve.

I call up 4x4parts, and I am asked if I could wait for a call back. about 5 mins later Mike calls me. I explain the issue to him, telling him about how the boxes were open when I got them and that the sticker and zip tie were missing (in order to further explain that it could be a handling error that caused the sleeves to get lost.)

He quickly dismissed the issue telling me that only one eye of the shock uses a sleeve, and tells me that "I am welcome to come by whenever I want because he had plenty of zip ties and stickers."

Sure man, I live more than an hour away, work 30 hrs a week, go to school full time but I'll go pick up some god damn stickers and zip ties! I REALLY appreciate the condescending attitude and sarcasm, makes me want to buy exclusively from you.

At this point I noticed that I was not being treated like a customer, but like a problem. I asked him about three more times if he was sure about only needing one bolt sleeve per shock, and he confirms it.

As soon as I got off the phone with him I go outside with my vernier caliper and measure the diameter of the bolts and compare them to the bushing and sleeve diameter. Obviously both bolts were significantly smaller than the rubber bushing diameter, and the large dia sleeve fit over the bottom bolt perfectly and the small dia sleeve fit over the top bolt.

I didn't just pay more than $180 for my shocks to clunk as the cycle due to missing hardware, no way in hell.

Just to make sure, I checked the shocks currently on the truck, both ends have sleeves, went to the garage and checked some left over shocks from my old 1st gen, and again, both ends had sleeves.

Not only did Mike at 4x4parts dismiss my issue as a nuisance, he flat out lied about something I had just bought just to get me off his back.

I am very disappointed in the customer support provided, and I feel disrespected by the attitude they took towards me. It was very unprofessional of them.

I will not make another purchase from 4x4parts, nor would I recommend them to anyone interested in outfitting their Nissan.

Now you may say I am being too sensitive, or that shock bushings don't REALLY need the sleeves- but that's besides the point:

My beef here is that after spending a significant amount of money I was given an incomplete product, denied support for the issue, and overall treated very poorly as a "customer."

Now I have to go spend money on sleeves and waste time finding them in order to mount my shocks.
Man I was thinking of ordering a grill guard from them but this review is not good.
They sell one for $335 so when I called to find out what they charge for shipping the guy told me about $300.
Sounds very sketchy.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts