Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

long read ahead, but definitely worth a look if you are considering 4x4parts:

Just wanted to share my experience over a recent purchase thru 4x4parts/AC.

Purchased a set of rear lift shackles, camber bolts, rancho XL rears and quick lift loaded fronts, since rancho is having a 3-for-4 deal and I like the ease, beef and adjust-ability provided with this set up.

Since I live about an hour away from their physical location, I decided to pick up "in store" even though they insisted on charging me $65 to have UPS deliver it to my house.

I spoke with Mike, Chris and Kyle, and the only one who was helpful and seemed interested in my purchase (hefty amount of $) was Chris.

They took exactly a week from the day I placed my order to the day I picked it up. I don't have any complaints, but then again they took a week to weld a pair of shackles (shouldn't they have some built in inventory to ship out immediately?)

Anyway, not impressed by the warehouse or the environment, it was extremely messy, and unwelcoming, no reception or office area, not even any space to stand in without feeling like you are going to tip something over.

Not to mention their neighbor was dumping some weird oil contaminated water mixture into the rain drain (iirc that is not legal.)

So when the assistant brings out my merchandise, the two rear shock boxes were open- I decided to make sure everything was in place quickly with the entire purchase.

When I get home, I open up the boxes and realize one of the shocks was missing some misc. items (sticker and zip tie for shock body/boot) but more importantly I was missing bolt sleeves. I had one large dia bolt sleeve initially, and after some digging one small dia bolt sleeve.

I call up 4x4parts, and I am asked if I could wait for a call back. about 5 mins later Mike calls me. I explain the issue to him, telling him about how the boxes were open when I got them and that the sticker and zip tie were missing (in order to further explain that it could be a handling error that caused the sleeves to get lost.)

He quickly dismissed the issue telling me that only one eye of the shock uses a sleeve, and tells me that "I am welcome to come by whenever I want because he had plenty of zip ties and stickers."

Sure man, I live more than an hour away, work 30 hrs a week, go to school full time but I'll go pick up some god damn stickers and zip ties! I REALLY appreciate the condescending attitude and sarcasm, makes me want to buy exclusively from you.

At this point I noticed that I was not being treated like a customer, but like a problem. I asked him about three more times if he was sure about only needing one bolt sleeve per shock, and he confirms it.

As soon as I got off the phone with him I go outside with my vernier caliper and measure the diameter of the bolts and compare them to the bushing and sleeve diameter. Obviously both bolts were significantly smaller than the rubber bushing diameter, and the large dia sleeve fit over the bottom bolt perfectly and the small dia sleeve fit over the top bolt.

I didn't just pay more than $180 for my shocks to clunk as the cycle due to missing hardware, no way in hell.

Just to make sure, I checked the shocks currently on the truck, both ends have sleeves, went to the garage and checked some left over shocks from my old 1st gen, and again, both ends had sleeves.

Not only did Mike at 4x4parts dismiss my issue as a nuisance, he flat out lied about something I had just bought just to get me off his back.

I am very disappointed in the customer support provided, and I feel disrespected by the attitude they took towards me. It was very unprofessional of them.

I will not make another purchase from 4x4parts, nor would I recommend them to anyone interested in outfitting their Nissan.

Now you may say I am being too sensitive, or that shock bushings don't REALLY need the sleeves- but that's besides the point:

My beef here is that after spending a significant amount of money I was given an incomplete product, denied support for the issue, and overall treated very poorly as a "customer."

Now I have to go spend money on sleeves and waste time finding them in order to mount my shocks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You know how the saying about customer service goes. "If someone likes your service they may mention it to 1-2 people, but if you treat someone badly they'll tell EVERYONE! Well I'm doing a lift soon and I have a 4x4 parts and Nisstec both about a 20 minute drive from my house. Based on your experience and one past experience of my own Nisstec will be getting my business. Maybe if the folks at 4x4parts start to see all the business they are losing because of the way they treat people they will start to change their ways...

·
on line
1,457 Posts
You know how the saying about customer service goes. "If someone likes your service they may mention it to 1-2 people, but if you treat someone badly they'll tell EVERYONE! Well I'm doing a lift soon and I have a 4x4 parts and Nisstec both about a 20 minute drive from my house. Based on your experience and one past experience of my own Nisstec will be getting my business. Maybe if the folks at 4x4parts start to see all the business they are losing because of the way they treat people they will start to change their ways...
Just to be sure you understand this isnt 4x4 parts that are all over the place. Its the nissan 4x4 parts which is confusing but a google search for nissan/ac will yield results
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,070 Posts
4x4 parts is only in Florida, are u thinking 4 wheel parts instead.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
yeah, Jane is a real peach.

also, please edit your thread title to read "4x4parts.com aka Automotive Customizers"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Title edited.

I am glad I am not the only one that has had a negative experience.

Also, I now know why none of their items come with instructions, their organization sucks and all their boxes are opened/all over the place.

Its no wonder PRG and Nisstec are taking over the Nissan After-market. (Supposedly Calmini is revamping soon as well.)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and to clear it up, my beef is not over the fact that I received open products with missing hardware and got charged msrp.

My beef is with the fact that when I called afterwards, they shrugged me off, had a negative attitude and lied to me.

Now if I have any more issues with the actual product (doubtful) I will be dealing directly with Rancho.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
and to clear it up, my beef is not over the fact that I received open products with missing hardware and got charged msrp.

My beef is with the fact that when I called afterwards, they shrugged me off, had a negative attitude and lied to me.

Now if I have any more issues with the actual product (doubtful) I will be dealing directly with Rancho.
unfortunately, that's the common theme with them. decent products, but if you have ANY issues, their customer service is a joke

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to pop in here to let you know that we are aware of this thread, and understand there has been a miscommunication between our shop and Alpha. Thanks for this chance to straighten it out.

Our records for this order show that this customer failed to give us a deposit, which in a business means those jobs are scheduled behind the ones that did pay already. Meanwhile, we had a run on paid shackle orders during that window of time and were backed up several days, which is why his felt like this was taking longer than "normal." Then, we left messages that his order was ready that weren't returned, which added more time to the process on his end. It's frustrating, we know, when you are waiting to work on your vehicle, but unfortunately, there are laws of nature that also play into it.

We also understand that shipping is a big expense right now, and if you live in South Florida, picking up your order in person makes sense to the wallet and your time. However, we are a factory atmosphere, and really not prepared to entertain company. It would be like showing up at the Nissan factory in Smyrna and asking to drive home your truck. We have moving parts, machinery, grease, sometimes a cuss word or two, and time constraints -- we have a specific deadline each day to hit to ship orders, and it varies depending on which shipping service we're using for a given order, and when that order arrived via the Internet or phone. We can be at a pace to stop and have a conversation at 2:20 and be crazy busy by 2:47. So dropping in is a gamble on what's happening at the shop.

But we do owe Alpha a big "I'm sorry" for letting that ordinary, daily kind of pressure get to us. It wasn't his fault we were down an employee that day (just everyone's bad luck on that score), and yes, we could have been a bit kinder, gentler in our answers. That comes straight from Mike's mouth — and his heart — as the co-owner of Automotive Customizers. Pausing to smile would have helped both our days at that point, huh?

We always recommend you set a time with us for in-person deliveries, understanding that if traffic or other things make you late, we could be back in that crazy mode again. (I like how one poster described it as a Wizard of Oz scene -- whose office ISN"T full of flying monkeys some days?!) We do NOT charge shipping for a personal pick-up, but you will see those Florida taxes on your final bill, which means it's higher than the price quoted for the part on the Internet. So Alpha's bill reflects our list price — which is competitive with other sellers —*and those pesky taxes we are mandated to collect.

Alpha, if you are missing zip ties and decals on this order, let me know and we'll be happy to mail those to you ... on us, of course. No one needs to deal with I-95 traffic to pick that up.

Thanks,

Julie Sturgeon
Customer Outreach/Media
media (at) 4x4Parts.com

·
Registered
603 Posts
Its cool that were getting a response from their end but the damage has been done. Everyone that has ordered from you has had nothing but bad remarks. Literally I've read around and unless navy wants to post a link to some good reviews i have yet to see a single one. And that is including myself, i ordered a bl from then and well took 2 months, got d*cked around by them and never planning on goin back.

·
on line
4,576 Posts
I've been telling people to avoid this shiit company for years now. Worst business ever
been. Nice half ass apology....blaming it.on the customer for not putting a deposit down, classic!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
7,154 Posts
They implied my grease monkey w/35 years exp. was an idiot. He told me to never buy anything from them again

1 - 20 of 35 Posts