Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one of the newer style swing out bumpers with jerry can holders from dave. The packaging that it came in was top notch. Dave had the main bumper crated wrapped in some kind of durable rubber matt then wrapped in plastic. The packaging alone would have easily taken a good day to do. Amazing compared to when my shrock front came on a pallet without any kind of protection at all.

About a 2 month wait with excellent communication the entire time and top notch welds and work. I would recommend anyone looking for a rear bumper to order from dave. Prices are reasonable, less wait, better customer service, and better build quality than shrock.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks, one of those is on my list!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bumper looks great. I sent Maxterra a PM for some additional info about having one built up. Couple of questions...
How is the hardware and latch? Does it stay closed and not rattle around when closed? Hitch extension looks short - is it long enough to insert a hitch pin? Did he have an option for powder coating it?

Thanks!

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumper looks great. I sent Maxterra a PM for some additional info about having one built up. Couple of questions...
How is the hardware and latch? Does it stay closed and not rattle around when closed? Hitch extension looks short - is it long enough to insert a hitch pin? Did he have an option for powder coating it?

Thanks!
comes with everything you need and some, the latch sits on plastic pads so there is no rattling at all and it stays closed. you can order your hitch recessed or normal style. I opted for the recessed hitch. You have few options of power coating. silver, gloss black, or black tex which is what I got.

·
Registered
288 Posts
comes with everything you need and some, the latch sits on plastic pads so there is no rattling at all and it stays closed. you can order your hitch recessed or normal style. I opted for the recessed hitch. You have few options of power coating. silver, gloss black, or black tex which is what I got.
I'm guessing you opted for the recessed hitch because you don't carry a spare under the Xterra any more ?

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing you opted for the recessed hitch because you don't carry a spare under the Xterra any more ?
yeah, I only carry one and now it is on the bumper. I know some people like to carry two and the recessed hitch will not work with that

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hadn't seen the recessed hitch design. Great idea to push it inboard. Searched around for some detail pics - looks like great quality work. Have a long list of upgrades needed, but will definitely go maxterra for the rear bumper.

Anybody talk him into making a front bumper option? Hadn't seen one of his listed anywhere.

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
on line
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you guys like these better than hefty? No trying to start a battle just curious of differences. Both look alike a great product!

http://www.heftyfabworks.com/shopping-cart.html#!/~/product/category=2434014&id=1525332
i looked into heafty and shrock before deciding to give my money to dave.

the lead time was way better, I like how with daves bumper with the gas can carrier it is on one swing arm as oppose to two. For what I wanted and what I paid the value was much better also

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
you guys like these better than hefty? No trying to start a battle just curious of differences. Both look alike a great product!

http://www.heftyfabworks.com/shopping-cart.html#!/~/product/category=2434014&id=1525332
Two of the reasons I went with his instead of anyone else is the latch he uses (no pin to lose) and the massive hinge. I felt that his larger hinge design, being more robust, would not sag as much over time.
As others have stated, build time, communication, and options were excellent.

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats a awesome rear bumper and tire combo... where is this guy's (maXterra) information?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts