Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
MaxGear Rear Bumper Review (WARNING: Lots o' Pics)

I could get the name of what I used if anyone is interested.

I’d like to know what you used for the clear film.

I ordered a bumper from Dave about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited when I pushed send in PayPal! I ran into a fellow TNX'er with one of Dave's bumpers at the Moab Brewery and talked his ear off... :-D

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I’d like to know what you used for the clear film.

I ordered a bumper from Dave about 2 weeks ago. I was so excited when I pushed send in PayPal! I ran into a fellow TNX'er with one of Dave's bumpers at the Moab Brewery and talked his ear off... :-D
I'd like to know as well. Waiting for an update on mine but want to be ready when it comes. I was originally thinking of throwing some grip tape on the edge but this sounds like it may be a much better idea and I will probably put as much on it as I can to protect it.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Maxterra's bumpers are the sh*t. I can't say it enough. It was insane how easily it was to bolt up. I get remarks on that before anything else on my truck wherever I go. It was a super long wait time, but Dave doesn't hide that fact when ordering and kept me posted along the way on where it was at in development, which I think lends to good customer service considering the other mentioned factors. The dude does it as a side job and has boat loads of orders. Think about "squeezing" something like that in your current lifestyle. He's legit. Personally, think he should do it full-time if the finances are there for him, which seems to be with the work-load and the knowledge/know-how to do the work.

I'd recommend him to anyone that has the option to have one of his products. Great work, Dave! Thanks again!

On a side note, as I was overly excited to open the packaging, my razor blade was out too far and hit the top part of the bumper face and put a scratch in it. Completely my fault. But I wasn't too upset considering it is an off-road bumper and not a show car being pushed across Barrett Jackson. I had a concern about that part of the bumper getting scratched up a lot though and worrying about good ole east coast rust setting in. I ordered a roll of protective, clear film for the top of the bumper face to protect it in the future. Lot of tailgating happens in that truck and two dogs jumping in the back and that film protects that bumper face from any more scratches. It is a lot like the protective film that is on the rear doors at the bottom. Wasn't expensive and pretty easy/forgiving to apply. I could get the name of what I used if anyone is interested.

Anyways, cheers to Dave and his kick-ass bumper! :eek:ccasion5:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRKTXZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sounds similaar to the 3M film I used when mounting the tail light guards

·
TNX Veteran
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Few more pics of the Transit Flatbed 2 bike rack (with bike on inside mount) and how it sits with this bumper. Worked great camping last weekend. Would definitely recommend this or similar setup. TONS of departure angle off-road. Stable enough. Easy to get into the rear.

·
Some random dude
353 Posts
Or do the whole internet thing. File a negative report with the BBB, leave a 1 star yelp review, and spam his Facebook page with angry comments. Also make sure to post on as many forums as possible about how he is such a scam artist for not sending you those stickers. Bonus points if you can rant and rage in a few Youtube videos as well. Ain't no entitlement like internet entitlement...

Or just ask him, he sounds like a great guy who does honest, proud work for the best of his customers, and I am sure he will hook you up.

·
TNX Veteran
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Or do the whole internet thing. File a negative report with the BBB, leave a 1 star yelp review, and spam his Facebook page with angry comments. Also make sure to post on as many forums as possible about how he is such a scam artist for not sending you those stickers. Bonus points if you can rant and rage in a few Youtube videos as well. Ain't no entitlement like internet entitlement...

Or just ask him, he sounds like a great guy who does honest, proud work for the best of his customers, and I am sure he will hook you up.
I didn't get any stickers... :frown:

@ZheKing.... didn't you pick yours up used............

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I will add my MaxGear experience too. I actually got 2 bumpers from Dave, the second bumper in April 2015 only because I wanted to upgrade and add some features. Both bumpers were phenomenal quality and the process with Dave was as well. An awesome dude who has become a friend over the years due to his honesty and willingness to communicate. Current bumper is going 4 years and I'd bet my entire rig on it lasting beyond the life of the vehicle. Not that I want more orders to pile up on him, but I'd recommend MaxGear in a heartbeat!!!

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/50-members-xterra/49906-gxt-operation-exodus-pbr-28.html#post2398066

https://www.thenewx.org/forum/50-members-xterra/49906-gxt-operation-exodus-pbr-29.html#post2399498

41 - 52 of 52 Posts