Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hey. yup I have that setup, fit pretty good, but you have to get a lil creative with mounting the power box, and everyone keeps telling me I should have clocked it, but its fine how it is.

·
TNX Veteran
3,540 Posts
Hey. yup I have that setup, fit pretty good, but you have to get a lil creative with mounting the power box, and everyone keeps telling me I should have clocked it, but its fine how it is.
Nice.... why clock it? Looks you can reach the clutch handle where it is on top without issue. Isn't the only point of clocking to make that handle easier to access?

·
TNX Veteran
3,540 Posts
Yup, but the grill is kinda in the way, I find that I can reach underneath and get to it though
Cool. Will I have to take my bumper off to mount the winch or with the grill removed can I finagle it in there?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Cool. Will I have to take my bumper off to mount the winch or with the grill removed can I finagle it in there?

It fits! I was not looking forward to taking that bumper off

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm still browsing the thread, but does anyone have info on how/which wire to tap into for those LED license plate lights for the rear bumpers?

**edit, I figured it out.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I wanted to chime in to say I placed my order with HCOR for a rear bumper last Wednesday, and received shipping info this Wednesday morning! Very impressed thus far with their communication (via FB Messenger) and the turnaround time. I'll post an update once I receive it. From what I have read, it sounds like I should try to shave off a little bit of the 90˚ edge on the bottom of the top plate along the left side of the bumper, as well as flatten the pinch-weld on the vehicle itself to allow proper clearance.

I received my LED License Plate Bolt Lights from SuperBright LEDs and I went to the junkyard to pull a license plate wiring harness over the weekend so I wouldn't have to hack my current one up. :)

·
Registered
942 Posts
I ran into a little snafu when installing last night. The empty bolt hole shown in my pix is too narrow and only allows the bolt to go in about 1/2 way before feeling like I’d cross thread if I went any further.

I tried loosening all the other bolts and insert the problem one first but no luck. I ground down the edge of the bottom side de of the top plate prior to getting it powder coated and I also tapped the pinch weld a bit with the 2x4 and BFH.

Anyone else run into this? I’m pretty sure I read someone else had a similar hiccup on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Looks like a die grinder would get that worked out in short order. Frustrating but it could be your vehicle that's a little out of spec.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I was able to get it. Loosened the other bolts all the way and started with the one giving me fits. Applied a little bit of anti-seize and it went right in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just placed an order for sliders, front bumper, and rear bumper non-tire carrier (because i have a custom idea in mind). Cory was really helpful and I cant wait for the mini road trip to go pick them up. If anyone is on the fence they are having 10% off right now on all parts! Thanks to @JeffPro4x for the heads up

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just placed an order for sliders, front bumper, and rear bumper non-tire carrier (because i have a custom idea in mind). Cory was really helpful and I cant wait for the mini road trip to go pick them up. If anyone is on the fence they are having 10% off right now on all parts! Thanks to @JeffPro4x for the heads up
I did the same thing and coming from a bit farther east. should we roadtrip out there ?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I did the same thing and coming from a bit farther east. should we roadtrip out there ?!?!?!?

I picked my front bumper up and live right by you. I drove out there with no front bumper and put it on in their lot, then went right to Rausch and broke it in. FYI, it's a long ride, but i prefer to pick stuff up

·
Registered
255 Posts
I picked my front bumper up and live right by you. I drove out there with no front bumper and put it on in their lot, then went right to Rausch and broke it in. FYI, it's a long ride, but i prefer to pick stuff up
Haha oh i was definitely planning on driving out. i prefer it as well. i wish i saw you driving with no bumper! that is the way to do it. pickup then Rausch. smarter man then I.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I ordered my front bumper last Monday when Hardcore had the three bumper sale....driving out to pick it up Saturday. Love the fast turnaround time!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the bumper with hitch will fit a 33" spare underneath ? I emailed hardcore and they said it should, but had not tried it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

161 - 179 of 179 Posts
About this Discussion
178 Replies
41 Participants
Battousaited
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing