of this nonsense. Of course it is a tad over 2 years old and a couple
months beyond warranty, and less than 15K miles. Just sharing,
beware welded radiators!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously Griffin doesn't pressure test before shipping, or they would have caught
the weld porosity and maybe the epoxy join at the tanks.
Really sucks to spend that kind of money and have the unit go to sh!t right on install.

The new radiator has a couple of days on it now and all is good, no more smell or
puddles, nice after worrying for two years.

·
Veteran
602 Posts
My Griffin went after 4-5 years. I just learned that a reputable repair shop would have fixed mine. the one i took it to said they couldn't because it was epoxied. well, after talking to Griffin again, they said theirs is epoxied after it's been welded as an added layer of protection. I'm almost thinking of trying Griffin again as it was a good radiator for the most part. I want a Ron Davis but you're looking at 1500 for a custom one. Be Cool can do custom and it will run 650-800. plus I have to send in an old OEM radiator. I also have the CJD efan setup on mine

I've had a CSF since summer of 2017 and it's fine, for now. With all the recent stuff going on with CSF, I don't know if I should be preemptively replacing mine or what. I dont have a lot of room with the Supercharged VK in there. the Griffin combo unit measure 4.5" thick with SPAL fans. the radiator alone measures 2" thick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts