Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought an xterra for my wife. I need your help. I bought a Calmini rear bumper from calmini back on 3/3/14. They advised me it would be 2 weeks max till the bumper would ship. My bumper shipped 1 month later. Which really isn't that big of a deal but hey. The bumper came to my door on 4/8/14. I was so excited I tried to install that day. I went to mount the bumper and the bolt holes did not line up at all. So I called calmini and talked to them about 3 times until I talked to the owner. The owner said this doesn't happen and he is an honest guy. I asked what he wanted me to do. The owner stated just get a grinder and just hog all the holes out. Well I did this I made them a lot bigger but it still was way off. So I called him back. He said take it to a shop and have them fix it and all pay for it. So I did this and got a receipt. I called them again. The guys that work at the shop stated that the owner left and he would not return for a week. So I waited. I called back again and someone answered the phone and told me he would call me back. After this happened 3 times over another week with no call backs I got upset. The kid on the phone basically told me to take the bumper and shove it. So here I am with a bumper that I bought that didn't fit right I spent around $100 to fix it. I am currently disputing it on my CC. My CC company says I can win if I ship it back. But it is going to cost me over $250 to ship it back.

So this is where I sit. I bought from a scam artist shop and am stuck with garbage I had to spend money to fix right. What can I do. Nothing? lesson learned? Or do you know away to keep on fighting?

My big suggestion is buy from shrockworks. I have all shrockworks on the car other than this rear bumper. I bought from calmini because I they had a faster turn around time. You get what you pay for. Don't buy calmini. Just don't do it.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Try calling the owner back one last time to get this resolved on his expense plus what you've spent to fix their mistakes and if all fails, I would post this on his FB page (if he has one) or warn others in other 4x4 forums and see where that goes.

I'm pretty sure once the owner and shop's name gets out, he'll do something about it or lose his business.

Hopefully you'll get all this straightened out cuz getting the run around is the worst!

·
on line
3,453 Posts
I was interested in their new sliders but after hasty vibes from them when I talked to them, I never pursued it and ended up with Hefty's....best investment.

If I ever get a rear bumper, it'll be shrock/hefty or maxterra.

You should've went w/ Maxterra....he had a good turnaround.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts