1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Other BTF Links:
BTF Cover Leak Need Help Testing
BTF Diff Cover

• Called and ask if they would honor the 15% off promo on their facebook page as there is no expiration date... NO!
  • Asked how many M226 Hi-Fill models they had left... We have 1 in stock.
  • On 8/22/13; can you get it to me by Tuesday, 9/6/13... No Problem
  • The 10-bolt D44 cover arrives on Tuesday, 8/27/13, I call and the wanted pictures so I sent them. I asked what they could do as I needed the cover by 9/8/13 and if you cannot get it to me by then I will cancel my order and wait until next spring... No problem, we can definitely get it to you by then, we have a "standard fill" m226 cover in stock RIGHT NOW and will ship that one out to get you by as it holds more fluid anyways! Then we will send you the Hi-fill to make sure you have something by 9/8/13 that you can use.
  • Thursday, 8/29/13; still have received no word or tracking number for the package, I call them and ask for an update... "Lady that works there" tells me she will call me back within the hour with an update.
  • I get no call back within 2 hours and was about to leave work and so I called again and she says... Umm we don't close for another 30 minutes, so we'll call you!
  • I get no call, but get a email instead 5 minutes after they close so they will not pick up there phone, the email states... that they no longer have a standard cover in stock and they will not be able to get either model from their bender in time, but we will DEFINITELY have one by Tuesday 9/6/13 and I will 2-day it to you!
  • Friday, 8/30/13 I call them in the morning with ZERO hope at this point as they have promised me plenty of outcomes and came through with none. I politely told "Lady that works there" that this is a lot of crap to deal with when I gave you over 2 weeks to get me the correct cover and you stated a max lead time of 3 business days, not too mention I am flying out for a wedding I'm in and having to deal with a bunch of that crap so a $110 diff cover is the least of my concerns and just said, do what you can... Got an email on tuesday, 9/3/13 stating that they do not have either and will get one ut to me soon.
  • Wednesday, 9/4/13; haven't heard a f****** thing!!! AWESOME!! Also come to find out Treff ordered a Hi-Fill one and they sent him a standard fill one...

WTF is so hard about 1 cover. I understand that they do much bigger and better things in the off road community, but I'd be scared to see how that stuff turns out seeing how they can't even get the lead times and ship out the correct covers properly... SMH

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
Sounds like a frustrating experience. Hopefully it is an anomaly.

I ordered a standard fill M226 cover from their online store over the July 4th weekend. It shipped promptly and I received it in about a week.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i just don't get why these companies have such issues with our diff covers. Between Ballistic Fab sending the wrong bolts ALMOST EVERY TIME (if they send them at all) and BTF screwing up shipping and the old warped covers from a couple of years ago...it's a mess!

·
on line
22,508 Posts
That sucks man. I'm with Bills. After dealing with a similar situation of 6 months of being jerked around by Shrock, I canceled my Shrock order and called BTF. They answered right away, quilted me one week, and 6 days later it was on my door step. Bolted right on the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it is an anomaly as well, I just don't appreciate false hopes when I give them more than enough time!! Just say "hey, I don't think we'll be able to do it by then" rather than tell me one thing and go back on it ten minutes later and string me a long the whole time while I have much more pressing issues than a $110 cover...

Unfortunately, in the m226 category we have like no options!!

·
on line
22,508 Posts
I hope it is an anomaly as well, I just don't appreciate false hopes when I give them more than enough time!! Just say "hey, I don't think we'll be able to do it by then" rather than tell me one thing and go back on it ten minutes later and string me a long the whole time while I have much more pressing issues than a $110 cover...

Unfortunately, in the m226 category we have like no options!!
That sounds exactly like dealing Shrock each and every time. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
1,457 Posts
sounds like someone needs to send nagging emails to ARB so start producing their covers for Xterra's. It would at least be another option

·
on line
7,141 Posts
I'll be a BTF on the 15th talking to one of the owners(Jason)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So they offered me a 20% discount... Said to call if it hasn't hit my card by today, guess what, no refund. I asked about it, they said "it's still pending" ok whatever could care less... What I DO CARE ABOUT is not loosing ANOTHER F******* WEEKEND of wheeling/camping. And they still do not have ANY UPDATE AS TO WHEN THEY WILL EVEN RECEIVE THE METAL FROM THE PLATE CUTTERS!!!

F*** this, seriously; there isn't a single other manufacturer that I can find that has a protection based diff cover. I can go with magtec or stillen but they offer cooling not protection... Ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just double checked, they FINALLY figured out their inventory on 8/28 and knew that they did not have either a standard or high fill cover. Therefore plate cutters have had almost 2 weeks to just give them an update for when the metal would be ready for welding... I'm not saying they needed to be done with the cutting, I'm just saying that 2 weeks and still not having ANY IDEA WHATSOEVER is f****** ridiculous...

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was asked to take "Lady that works there" name down from the thread by the "Lady that works there." She claims that "I am not waiting on BTF" eluding to the fact that all the false promises, wrong inventory and really just poor all around logistics is not BTF's fault.

So it's all the Steel Cutters fault guys, gotta love a scapegoat! Oh and still no update or refund on my card.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've been following this and I figure I may as well share my situation.

Back when I was in the market for a M226 cover, I was interested in BTF. I was getting rid of my Shrock and like everyone else, loved the look and beef of the BTF cover, as well as the High Fill option. I did my searching and became aware of all the issues they were having (leaking through the welds, warped covers, not sending the right kind/amount of bolts, etc.) I then looked for other options, ther were none suitable for me.

The next step was contacting BTF, which I did. I talked to Steve (no longer employed there) and made sure he was aware of everything. I expressed all of our displeasure with the product they had been putting out. He assured me that those issues were fixed and I would have nothing to worry about going forward. I ordered my cover with the High Fill option. They sent the right kind/amount of bolts and the cover was flat. It sat for a while until a few months ago when I got around to the install. I made sure to take my time and seal it up the correct way.

During the drive to Maine for a wheeling trip I noticed some seeping. It appeared the seeping was coming from the welds, at least that's where I first saw oil. I'm now giving it another try, this time with the Mag Hytec Gasket. I'll have the X back on the road later today and throughout the week see what happens...I may be getting in line for that potential Ballistic Fab group buy.

To me, the craziest part about all of this is that in the very beginning, BTF was fine. Those who purchased one in that group buy a while back have had no issues with theirs to this day. A company is supposed to strive to improve over time, but these people seem to be heading in the opposite direction

N.Y.X, thank you for taking the initiative and attempting to find us another option.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts