Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do some re working to get this to work, swap the racks to get the one bike near the tire to face other way, a washer under the seat clamp on the inside rack, and a few other things, but, Trail rated and you can still clear the trees hanging down and not a Bad departure angle for a trail. Trail Rated bike rack.

The best thing about this rack is the way it mounts, it tightens onto the hitch pin with a sort of clamp thingamajig and prevents the rack from jumping around in the receiver. Clever HOLLYWOOD. I also just love that my bike sits on the rack on the tires and only contact point is the seat post. No pain wear, very secure, has locking allowances also.
So how many ways do I need to carry my bikes anyways?
This way I can still take a long trip, and sleep in the back, My inside racks are to take to work and ride afterwards. MC

·
on line
564 Posts
Very cool!

I didn't think anyone was riding those NRS's anymore :thumbleft:

Rob

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
robnfl said:
Very cool!I didn't think anyone was riding those NRS's anymore :thumbleft: Rob
THey were like Bike of the year, I bought one, I have like 4K miles on it and everything that was there is still there, one tune up. And I rode the ski slopes a few times. Bulletproof. People must have been wrecking them, I jacked my cross bar but I am master of fixing things. Gotta have disc brakes, Wife would not be happy if I got another bike. I'd buy one just like it in XS if someone has one. MC

·
on line
564 Posts
THey were like Bike of the year
Yeah...they were "the shit" a few years back. Definitely have to have disc brakes though!

Rob

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are still "The shit" in Ohio, not many people do that kind of thing, and I'm not all that radical of a Clydesdale. Kinda Like my X, Very capable when needed, but have that only go there when I have to attitude. I hate tearing stuff up just for fun. Did all that way back with Uncle Sam's money so I got my fill and it did not hurt. MC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts