Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium Member - AKA MetalJohnny
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if someone else blabbed about this already. I’ve been dealing with some binding in my steering after installing a 2 inch body lift. Tried a few things that didn’t fix it. I also unbolted the whole steering shaft to get as much movement as possible on the upper end near the firewall. This resulted in the bottom end barely reconnecting. I personally wasn’t comfortable with it. I know most folks haven’t had issues with it barely being on there, but it was something I wasn’t willing to chance falling off while I was driving. Anyway, after reading several threads regarding people’s steering issues/noises post body lift, I decided to order a steering shaft extension from Automotive Customizers. Not much to it really. It’s just a piece of metal that connects to the bottom of the steering shaft. But what a nice piece of metal it is. No more binding, and no worrying about my steering going out while driving.

Since the install, it’s been great. No issues off-road, and no issues during normal driving. Didn’t expect there would be, but never know I guess. Anyway, I attached a couple pics of the extension, as well as pics of it attached to the steering shaft. Every rig is different and most folks probably won’t need this. But if you do, just know it’s a great part from a great company (in my experience with them anyway).

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts