Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Just used mine this weekend at the dunes. Works great. I used the key in the valve stem method as well in the past. The ARB beats the pants off that, especially when you are doing it 3 to 4 times a day.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
IIRC ChrisHaynes has a set of ARB deflators.

Like most items of this price point, they work a treat.
Remember that this style of deflator works by removing the valve core.
Shouldn't be an issue as the core is captured within the deflator; but, if things go wrong ... A quick google check shows that these have come down in price since I last checked as well. Nice. The Stauns on the other hand, have gone up quite a bit.

My wheelin' buddy has a set of Stauns.
After a few initial frustrating setup issues they work great.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
I have one and love it, fairly quick to deflate and gauge is accurate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The thing is, this is doing one-at-a-time. The Stuans, once set, you just pop one on all 4 tires (there are 4 in the kit) and they automatically deflate to the preset PSI quickly and then stop automatically. No need to spend 5 mins by each tire kneeling. That's the beauty of them.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The thing is, this is doing one-at-a-time. The Stuans, once set, you just pop one on all 4 tires (there are 4 in the kit) and they automatically deflate to the preset PSI quickly and then stop automatically. No need to spend 5 mins by each tire kneeling. That's the beauty of them.
True, I like both. I've seen a few people have issues with the stauns though, psi was way off. Could have been user error?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
x5 on the Stauns. Yes, they can be a pain to set up - but they're worth it!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hi Jay! :) I call :bs: on the "5 mins each" quote. :):) I have the ARB deflator & I can and have deflated all 4 of my 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs from 45 psi to 18 psi in 8 minutes flat. Thats driver seat to driver seat. Done on 08/31/2013 just before our run up Hayden Pass. I have several witnesses, as no one else elected to air down for that run...& mostly regretted it later...;):)

I'll also add that I have Smittybilt versions of the Stauns, & they perform so poorly that I wouldn't even give them away to someone...If I were Consumer Reports, I would rate them "not acceptable"...

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
i will put a vote in on the stauns, once set(which was really easy), screw them on, and drive away. a couple mins down the road, stop and remove them, and your aired down.

i have mine set at 8 psi because thats what i air down to for sand, alot of times i will put them on and take them off early if im not going in sand and all four tires will be aired down equally because i remove the deflators in the same order i installed them, works great. i just tore mine apart and cleaned out the dust in them and reset them all back to 8 psi.

i do carry a valve core tool aswell and have used that for friends with no deflators, it works well and havent lost a core yet, but i carry extras just in case.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts