Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my new set of NxRocks skids, I bought one of the last sets of skids Remi made. First of all, Remi is one heck of a craftsman, they fit great with only very minor adjustments. They look cool, too bad I can't drive upside down!

Here is the wierd part, my 06 S drives better with them on. I don't know whether it is the lower center of gavity or the fact that the entire frame is stiffer from the skids crossbracing everything. Anyway, it feels much smoother on the highway and corners better, I love it.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing? The extra protection of the skids was worth the price, the better handling is an added bonus.

Maybe I am just crazy.

Thanks Remi, I would do business with you anytime!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Both changes, lower COG and increased chassis stiffness, are two of the most important factors in improving a vehicle's handling...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
yup, noticed too. i thought it might also be more tension on the shocks making them a bit more responsive, but your ideas make sense too

·
Registered
418 Posts
...and I just got done convicing myself I would wait till after a lift to put on sliders and skids. ERRRR all these mods are killing my wallet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
time to fish

Thanks for the input, now that I have the skids on, it is time to head for the hills. The fish are biting at the delany butte lakes near Walden colorado. If you see a black S with an orange bonefish sticker on the back, thats me, stop and say hello.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If I see a Black S with an orange bonefish sticker on the back I will call 911 cause im all the way in NY;)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Just put on my skids and the ride got a little better!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Funny...i was going to create a thread about this today....glad it was brought up.

I was on the phone with Rook one day seeking advice and he mentioned that it would feel the difference. Stiffens frame and lowers COG.

One thing that I have noticed though is that I do get a bit of nose dive on exit ramps (2"BL & 2"SL). I have rad and engine skid mounted. I need to get on the transmission and T-Case soon to hopefully distribute some more weight to the rear of the truck....or at least I hope that is what will fix this a bit.

-Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts