Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://loopfilters.com/product.aspx

what is the micron filtration of your media? –
25 micron
what is the efficiency rate? –
efficiency rate is approximately 97.4%

In your earlier email you also asked what brand we OEM for. I have to apologize to you that due to our manufacture agreements I can not disclose that information to you, but we do OEM for Japanese/Korean/Germany manufactures, and we are pretty big in South America as well. We also OEMed some American brands in the past, but they have moved to China for cheaper cost reasons. Recently we decided to launch our own brand Loop into North American market, and I’m glad to see that people have already started selling online and discuss about our products online.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks a lot better then Fram, that's for sure. And comparing to STP/Bosch, it's got a relief valve bypass. The only worry is the "Wooden Pulp Filtration Technology".

I'm guessing it's stronger than regular generic paper?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why skimp on a part costing just a few dollars when for just a few more you could have a name brand product that will work very well? There are many very good filters out there for not a whole lot more.

Wood pulp sounds just like fancy wording for paper media and every filter for this application will have a built in bypass and be made of low carbon steel so I am not sure what the big deal is? I don't see any filtration specs listed for these?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Why skimp on a part costing just a few dollars when for just a few more you could have a name brand product that will work very well? There are many very good filters out there for not a whole lot more.

Wood pulp sounds just like fancy wording for paper media and every filter for this application will have a built in bypass and be made of low carbon steel so I am not sure what the big deal is? I don't see any filtration specs listed for these?
$19.99 for 12 FILTERS! How i can you say no to that? With shipping it comes to $2.72 a filter or $33.22. Compared to $6.24 for name brand like Purolator. $6.24 x 12 adds up to $74.88.
That's a savings of $41.66. With that, you can buy 12 quarts of full synthetic oil?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Are you still under the power train warranty? I am pretty sure Nissan would have an easy out if you ever have any issues that could be related back to the lubrication system with no published specs on these. If you buy the Purolator (or whatever high end filter) when the local parts store has an oil and filter deal it is basically free, $30 for 5 quarts synthetic and a filter with a good Silicon ADBV, synthetic media and a recognized name. With the high rev starts on the VQ I like to know that oil is reaching the top end as soon as possible. There is a noticeable difference between the Pure1 and even a good filter like the K & N in start up rattle. Cheap is not always cheap.

My favorite

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2042807&gonew=1#UNREAD

·
Registered
410 Posts
$19.99 for 12 FILTERS! How i can you say no to that? With shipping it comes to $2.72 a filter or $33.22. Compared to $6.24 for name brand like Purolator. $6.24 x 12 adds up to $74.88.
That's a savings of $41.66. With that, you can buy 12 quarts of full synthetic oil?
Eeer...

Yeah, synthetic oil + el'cheapo filters. That makes sense! lol!

If you're using the heavy duty oil change schedule, that's 12 x 3,750 miles. 45,000 miles total.

You're saving 41.66$ over 3 to 4 years of driving...

I honestly see no reason to cheap on a simple filter.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Eeer...

Yeah, synthetic oil + el'cheapo filters. That makes sense! lol!

If you're using the heavy duty oil change schedule, that's 12 x 3,750 miles. 45,000 miles total.

You're saving 41.66$ over 3 to 4 years of driving...

I honestly see no reason to cheap on a simple filter.
el'cheapo filters that could possibly be just as good as wix, purolator, or amsoil filters.

Edit:
See OP :)

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
check the site I linked in my post. if it's oil, or uses oil, it's been dissected by BITOG.. I honestly hope you got a good deal, it'd suck to see you hose your X over $48.00.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pretty happy with my purchase. So many sources say that PureOne ranks in the top 3 (Purolator, M1, Wix)

I can't find the oil filter comparison website, but i think BITOG ran it and liked the Purolator.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What am i suppose to look for here? I did check the site to your post... I ran a search under BITOG + Purolator / Pureone and i came across threads that i read through. What's the problem? Bad labeling? 1 Blown engine, possibly caused by Purolator?

POST 1 EDITED

1 - 17 of 17 Posts