Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=261245143119&view=all&tid=1245902031016

Got the Wheel Spacers listed above. They work exactly as they should, no vibrations, no installation issues. I bought them from lugnutguys on Ebay. They were $105 shipped for all four wheels. I would recommended these again for price and functionality. I didn't have to buy anything else, and all four wheels fit perfection. Shipping was SUPER quick (ordered Friday, got on Tuesday). I added the seller, lugnutguys, for when the link for them dies, they may be able to get the wheel spacers for you as well. I have 2" BL, Pro 4-X rims, and stock tires.

I will say, not that it has anything to do with the spacers, I did get rub on the inner fender, which I think is because of the body lift. I just removed the splash guard and dented the inside of the fender back a little bit.

Sn0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like a quality product. Keep us informed on the quality. Also what is your setup with lift, tires and wheels? Have photos?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a quality product. Keep us informed on the quality. Also what is your setup with lift, tires and wheels? Have photos?
Updated original post with setup info. I will get pictures tomorrow when I take the Xterra in for some maintenance (and hopefully getting the rear leaf pack replaced).

Sn0

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Don't you experience more bump steer with spacers? I ran into that with other vehicles and decided it's not the way to go for off-road...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't you experience more bump steer with spacers? I ran into that with other vehicles and decided it's not the way to go for off-road...
I was reading about this online. What I read appeared to be more apparent with SAS'ed vehicles. It had to do with the centerline of the wheel being moved out past the steering knuckle. I don't THINK this will cause too much problems with our vehicles; I don't really have a good valid reason why, but I can't see how this would cause a problem on a non-SAS'ed vehicle.

Maybe other's can provide more insight on this.

Here is the only site I could find talking about lifting and bump steer.

Sn0

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I too am running a set of these ebay spacers but mine are hub centric 1" spacers . No issues with bumpsteer on mine . I paid $140 for the set shipped and was supper fast . I cant see spending over $200 on some of the other online sites when these work just as good .

Just remeber to re torque the the inner nuts after 20+ miles of driving .

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
No issues with them at all. Sold them about two months ago, and the new guy hasn't had any problems. I believe these are hub centric too. I will get these when I TS the Xterra next year.

I snapped a stud on the rear driver the first week they were on. The studs are longer than anything anyone local carries so I still haven't fixed it. Not a huge deal though studs snap.

Sent from you know where...

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
Fwiw, I've had good luck with bora spacers. Made in usa, competitive price, good customer service, and the studs are factory length so you can run stock lug nuts without trimming anything

They took about 3 weeks to get though (made to order and they were moving shops). I think 1-2 weeks is standard

1 - 20 of 25 Posts