Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, Thanks to this board and Muzikman and Buxwheat for the help with my wiring questions.

I proved to myself with this mod that I am much better with metals than I am with wiring, but I'll just have to practice more.

I tried to do them a little differently than the other's I've seen. I made the brackets out of Aluminum Box 1x2.

I wanted the lights further back than the crossbar would have allowed, and I didn't want to drill through at this point.

Night pictures to come.

·
on line
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're Hella FF75's

I'm not really worried about tree branches. I don't get into any crazy off-roading, or thick woods.
You'll mainly find me on mountain passes and along rivers. If one does get ripped off, I can always reconsider the location. My install is designed so everything can go back to stock very easily.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Man I like the location and mounting style of those. I wired mine up just like OregonX did in his how-to, but I like how these are spread out as much as possible.

Can you show a little more details... like the brackets you made and how you mounted them?

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Shoe Pisser said:
They're Hella FF75's
I also have these on my X as reverse lights

Those are awesome lights, but the only problem I found was that water leaks in them....There is a rubber seal between the light lense and the back casing of the light...the seal after a while goes and your light gets moisture in it, but Hella is great about exchanging them. I have resulted to putting clear silicone around the light where the lense meets the back casing and so far so good, but I take my lights off in the winter months.

just keep an eye out for it and use the silicone....

·
on line
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response everyone.

Silicon is a great idea, I'll definitely be sealing them up.

S_e_X-Terra: sorry I haven't given you the info on the brackets, I was in Breck riding all weekend. I'll try to take better pictures, or illustrate what I did and post it in the next couple of days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts