Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how i can reset my tire pressure light sensor that comes on the dash..

because i know if go to the dealership they are gonner charge me an arm and a leg..
and it is really annoying when everytime i start my car up the light flashes for about a minute then it stays on..

and i know what the problem is becuz.is becuz i got new tires put on..

so does anybody know how to reset it...

Thankss in Advance

·
on line
1,574 Posts
fnd the recemended PSI of your new tires (on the sidewall of tire) fill them up to that number, and make sure theyre completly even. the light gets set off when the pressure drops below the rec psi, on mine, its 37. it will also set off if the tires have differing psi. make sure theyre all even. drive around for about 5 mins and your light should go out. if it dosnt, then youll need it recalibrated for the new ties. and if the dealership says they cant, slap them...
best of luck

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but on the tire it says.. 65 cold psi..

so u want me to put it down to 35..??

because my light is flashing and flashing for bout a minute then it stays on..

·
on line
1,574 Posts
do wht your tires say to do. theyre pretty smart... your sensors are set t your stock tires tough, so that is more likely your problem

·
on line
559 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
but on the tire it says.. 65 cold psi..

so u want me to put it down to 35..??

because my light is flashing and flashing for bout a minute then it stays on..
Did you really put 65psi in your tires? Try reading the sticker on the side of the driver's door. It tells you how much you're supposed to put in.

·
on line
79 Posts
on the side of the door it says 35 psi but i usually keep mine around 33 or 34 and it works fine. air all of your tires to 35 then drive around for a couple miles and it should go off.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
you guys, he said he put new tires on, which means the PSI prolly wont be the same as stock Nissan tires.

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i put it down to 35 PSI.
and my light is still flashing

is there any way to manualy restart or something..??

·
on line
81 Posts
I know when I air my tires back up from off roading it takes several miles for the light to go off.

If it still doesn't go off after driving it around for a while I would take it to the dealer. hopefully one of your sensors didn't get damaged when they put the new tires on.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
well even 285 75 16 calculates out to 42 PSI recommended PSI for a Xterra. BFG said so, they have some formula, so 65 Psi is a bit hard, But I don't claim tires is my strong point, Just that is how to get the light to go off. I'm about sure the sensors should be re calibrated to trip at a different time with new sized tires, but I figured the old setting is good for me as I hate that system anyways! MC

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well if it is damaged then if i can take it to the dealer it will probably cost me alot no..

is there anyway i can restart it manualyy

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
125inA30zone said:
ill answer, im thinking not.
so there would be no way to restart it manually

·
on line
82 Posts
When I bought my X, the salesguy told me that if I was to replace the tires, the shop would have to use the stock valve stems or the system would not work.

Did you get new valve stems when you got the new tires? That might be the problem.

·
on line
844 Posts
all of a sudden my light came on saturday night when I was on the highway, and I've had the wheels/tires on for weeks now with no problem, weird. it was flashing at first, then just went on solid. I'm removing that LED when I finish the gauge cluster.

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
is all goodd now
i went to the dealer
and they resetted it
it was under warranty so is all goodd

·
Registered
5 Posts
If its a bad sensor it will flash for about a min.once you turn on the key. If its a tire reading (low/high/uneven) it will stay solid the whole time while turning the ignition. So you probably have a bad sensor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts