Color: Ebony

Rig Name: Vader

Intro Photo:

As it sits right now -

Latest Off Roading Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgA3TNCmHsU

Mods:

Interior:
Front Windows Tinted to match rest (20%)
Fuzzy Dice
TomTom 350XL GPS
Cobra 18 WX ST II CB
JVC KD-S79BT single DIN radio
Fog Light By Pass
GoPro Hero2 Motorsport Edition
175 lb extended gas struts for rear hatch
Shovel Mount
Axe Mount (beside the shovel)

Exterior:
Melt Mod
Bedline the front of Hood, front end, rear end.
Added Zombie Stickers
33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Relocated/Replaced trailer wiring harness
Rims Stealthed!
Locking Wet Box handle
Zombie Front Burger
3' Black Barjan Fiberglass No ground plane antenna on roof rack
Removed stock mudflaps
Removed stock side steps

Engine and Driveline:
Royal Purple oil
Drop In K&N Filter
IMS
Air Box Mod
Airflow Snorkle
Rear Diff breather extension
Hypertech programmer

Suspension:
Removed Rear Sway Bar
Complete OME KIT W/ Dakar Leafs & Shackles w/ Light springs in front
Adjustable shackles
Home made rear brake line extender
1" spacers added

Armor and Recovery:
Shrock Sliders
Tampon
Straps
MasterFlow Tsunami MF-1050 air compressor
Bubba Rope.

------------- Pictures -----------------

First picture;
First Mod turned out to be too heavy, so Launch Mechanism was removed. :scratch:

First dirty pic (night run with the gf, only 800km on it )

First trail run (only had 1100km on it)

Was a mild trail (only obstacle I didnt attempt) wish I got some pictures of myself :angry5:

Loaded and Moving to my new posting (thread and one pic)

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36844

CB ant mounted (mount made by maillet282)

Zombie Burger added

Shrock Sliders

Tampon

Window Tinted to match

Stealthed Rims

XTP IMS

Relocated/Replaced wire plug for trailer light

Bedliner on Hood - so many chips so said **** it

Graveyard Graphics Zombie Stickers - Finally on

Shovel Mount on rear hatch

New Dash setup

Stealthed Rear End

Snorkel

Front end Bedlined

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats on your new X. I bought my PRO4X September last year and did the same thing, found some trails and had a little fun with only a few hundred miles on it. When I told a couple people they looked at me like I was nuts, "Your taking a brand-freakin'-new truck off road already? Your crazy." I just smiled and said "Well, that's what I bought it for!" That's what a PRO4X is for, and X's in general really!

I'm looking forward to seeing how your build goes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This thread is great; I am in the exact same boat as you were 3 months ago. Fresh Pro-4x Super Black, looking to mod her up, make her mine, and beat her into the ground.

Can you give us a list of the mods you've done so far, and why, (which brand, etc), and your "to do" list?

Sub'ed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This thread is great; I am in the exact same boat as you were 3 months ago. Fresh Pro-4x Super Black, looking to mod her up, make her mine, and beat her into the ground.

Can you give us a list of the mods you've done so far, and why, (which brand, etc), and your "to do" list?

Sub'ed.

Thanks!
Air box mod + K&N drop in filter - better sound + a little better off the line so to speak

Removed rear sway bar - better articulation , if I had to tow something heavy I would put it back on

Extended the rear diff breather - so when going through those big mud puddles etc the rear diff wont get water in it ( stock location is on the rear axle )

first thing I did was put sliders (shrocks, bought used) on , once you off road once you will under stand this should be the first piece of armor you put on.

I also bought a Intake Manifold Spacer , havent got it in the mail yet, It will increase mid range torque and hp , site - http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6

I bought a tampon (rear shackle that goes into the hitch) since there isnt any towing attachments in the back of the X

Also if you go off roading a CB is highly recommended , usually can find them at a decent price, where you mount the antenna is your choice, you can use a cheap magnet ant. until you want to spend some more and get a proper ant.

thats about it everything else is in the OP

To do list is lots but things I will be doing soon is stealthing the rims, looking to build winch mount, rear bumper, and a cage for the roof, also DYI snorkel is up there too as well a small lift in the front and rear (2-3")

·
Registered
17 Posts
Air box mod + K&N drop in filter - better sound + a little better off the line so to speak

Removed rear sway bar - better articulation , if I had to tow something heavy I would put it back on

Extended the rear diff breather - so when going through those big mud puddles etc the rear diff wont get water in it ( stock location is on the rear axle )

first thing I did was put sliders (shrocks, bought used) on , once you off road once you will under stand this should be the first piece of armor you put on.

I also bought a Intake Manifold Spacer , havent got it in the mail yet, It will increase mid range torque and hp , site - http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6

I bought a tampon (rear shackle that goes into the hitch) since there isnt any towing attachments in the back of the X

Also if you go off roading a CB is highly recommended , usually can find them at a decent price, where you mount the antenna is your choice, you can use a cheap magnet ant. until you want to spend some more and get a proper ant.

thats about it everything else is in the OP

To do list is lots but things I will be doing soon is stealthing the rims, looking to build winch mount, rear bumper, and a cage for the roof, also DYI snorkel is up there too as well a small lift in the front and rear (2-3")
Is extending the rear diff breather a big deal? It sounds really important but I don't know how to do it or why they would make something that can fail that easily. Everything else here looks like it goes to the top of my to-do list. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is extending the rear diff breather a big deal? It sounds really important but I don't know how to do it or why they would make something that can fail that easily. Everything else here looks like it goes to the top of my to-do list. Thanks!
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54

and

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15032

for the how to for rear diff extending

its not hard just getting the right size tubing. I used medical tubing because it was free

i replaced the stock nipple with a nissan 1 1/2" nipple part # 38323-C601A...and added the tubing and put the stock breather at the other end behind my left rear tail light housing

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it took about 5 hrs over 2 days but they are finished. Stealth Rims Baby Ya

I did this all on a drop cloth on my hands and knees, I did 2 Saturday and then the other 2 on Sunday.

The prep is PITA but it is worth it. They turned out Great! Gonna wait a week or so before I was the truck or go on any dirt roads to let them cure a bit

Now if that damn IMS would come in the mail.........

pics added to OP

1 - 20 of 61 Posts