Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get a call last night at about 11pm from my gf's little bro asking if I can come pick his car up cause his clutch went out. So i hook up the trailer drive 30 min to get his ass to find out that he wasnt driving but it was one of his buddies who was bouncing it off the rev limiter and then launching it at about 3k on a stock clutch. I almost left him there cause he was being an idiot but i decided to take him home. The X did pretty good cinsidering we figured to only have 800lb to spare untill the 5000lb max cap. This is the first time I have regreted taking off my rear sway bar. Here are some pictured to prove that german engineering cant stand up to a 19 year old kid.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
What kind of trailer are you using? Brand, weight, $, etc. Need one to haul the Jeep. Probably going exceed the 5000#, but not by much.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
That was kind of you.

Q1: What's a 19 year old doing with an Audi? Shouldn't he be driving a Ford Tempo or riding a bicycle. Lemme guess - Mommy and Daddy

Q2: Why was he being an idiot to the person who's rescuing him?

Q3: After one smart remark from him, I'd have turned around and left.

Today's children...

·
on line
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
05XOR said:
That was kind of you.

Q1: What's a 19 year old doing with an Audi? Shouldn't he be driving a Ford Tempo or riding a bicycle. Lemme guess - Mommy and Daddy

Q2: Why was he being an idiot to the person who's rescuing him?

Q3: After one smart remark from him, I'd have turned around and left.

Today's children...
A1 yes mommy and daddy are very nice to him they also bought the k04 turbo upgrade, chip, koni coil over suspension. borla exhaust, test pipe, high flow cat, CAI, front mount intercooler 18in wheels for in the summer (not pictured), JL audio sub and amp, so in short yes he is very spoiled. yes it is an audi but a used a4 is not that expensive they bought that car 3 years ago its a 99 and they paid 14k for it

A2 He was just being a idiot in general braging that his car was broke and that this only means an upgrade. Which mean ill be helping put a new stage 3 clutch in it. I have helped in all of the mods listed except for the sub and amp cause i dont do electric very well. Its a fun car to drive though.

·
on line
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
usmc xterra said:
Funny you mention the sway bar. I personally advise taking it off only for Off Roading and the hook it back up. Read my Tag line. X2. MC
It wasnt terrible but im used to pulling things with an f350 which tows a little nicer than the X lol.

·
on line
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
buxwheat said:
What kind of trailer are you using? Brand, weight, $, etc. Need one to haul the Jeep. Probably going exceed the 5000#, but not by much.
Sorry for multiple post but i forgot about this question. Ill look tonight when I go over to my gf's house where the trailer is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts