Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got into a little fender bender with a guy who didn't yield to me in my Subaru. There was a police report filed and he was at fault. He admitted fault to the officer and received a failure to yield ticket. I would like to get a good estimate to provide the insurance adjuster as I'm not familiar with LOYA Insurance? I was pretty disheartened by the conversation and feel like I'm going to get the raw end of the deal here and want to be prepared. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had my Volvo repaired at Global Collision and they were awesome to work with. Very professional, work was completed on time. Couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it does and I was on my way to pick up my freshly finished downpipe and my tune is on tuesday:/

Jack, I'm OCD like crazy and my Papa was voted "Mr Goodwrench" back when there was one and specialized in corvettes because he was an artist with fiberglass. So I am really looking for a place with superior finishing abilities; no orange peal, horrible matching with the faded paint, etc... What do you think?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Autonation (or go) dealer repair shops. Pricey, but worth the cost. They matched the 3 tone paint on my z bumper better than the factory.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
If these leads don't pan out, I can track down the info for the shop we used back in spring of 2012, for my wife's fender-bender. They were easy to work with and did a good job on her Pathy ... I didn't go over the work with a fine-toothed comb, but I didn't see anything in the quick look-over (or have any experiences working with them through the process) that lead me to want to.

They're over here on the west-side in Lakewood. Don't recall how they were priced (was insurance work); but like I said, I was happy with the job ... and it's held up more than fine since.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just felt that with both the adjuster I spoke to this morning and the person who I started the claim with yesterday made me feel uncomfortable and were just shady. All they care about is if I'm going to sue, I just want my car fixed RIGHT with nothing out of pocket.
Ah i see. Make sure you find a good shop to have the work done and give the shop the check when your car is complete. The shop should take care of supplemental damages and get the insurance to pay, so it may be worth it to taking it to a shop that's approved by the insurance- less interaction for you. Im no expert but this was my experience when i had my accident in my bmw a few years back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I just felt that with both the adjuster I spoke to this morning and the person who I started the claim with yesterday made me feel uncomfortable and were just shady. All they care about is if I'm going to sue, I just want my car fixed RIGHT with nothing out of pocket.
Hey Chris,
There a couple of ways you can deal with this if your not comfortable with other persons insurance. I haven't dealt w/ Loya before but I'll call Michael and see how they are to deal with.
1. Get an estimate from your insurance company 2. Have an independent claim adjuster come out

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anddddddddddddddd remember that time when I thought I was going to get the "raw end of the deal" well guess what... They approved the claim yesterday with their estimate attached stating to go to the body shop and start ordering parts your check will be here in 7-10 business days.

And this morning I get a denial of coverage letter because supposedly his insurance lapsed THE MORNING OF the accident and was reinstated THE DAY AFTER!!! WTF!!! I call them and they tell me that they cannot send me proof of this lapse but have to take their word for it as it is "private information."

I'm livid right now!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts