Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be replacing my struts soon. While under the truck inspecting, I noticed my sway bar bushing are shot. Since I will be unbolting the sway bar from the end link to move it out of the way when I replace the strut, it seems like a good time to also replace the sway bar end links along with new sway bar bushings.

I searched the forum (maybe I used the wrong search terms) but did not find much discussion on end link choices. The ones that can be greased seem to make good sense. Any favorites or lessons learned? After purchasing my odyssey battery recently without carefully consulting this forum, I have come to appreciate the wisdom of those who have come before me.:notworthy:

·
TNX Veteran
4,361 Posts
No one talks about them because either:

A) A lot of people don't run sway bars at all
B) The stock end link works just fine

My end link from 2011 and 57k miles on it looked barely used. I think people just go OEM for these.

If you really want something fancy, go with PRG's extended links: PRG Products

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

I will probably be removing my rear sway bar, but not sure about my front, as I do use my X for DD also.

My thought on replacing my end links was: I am down there, and easy enough...and helps me build confidence on doing my own mods. (Bumbler not just 'cause I stalk wild bumble bees)

I saw the Moog ones on Rock Auto. Nice price.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I went with the Moog links as well. They have 10k on them now, they aren't as tight as when they were new but they're not loose either. For the price I'd recommend them.

Update: These failed pretty quickly, I'm running OE links now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks all.

I will probably be removing my rear sway bar, but not sure about my front, as I do use my X for DD also.

My thought on replacing my end links was: I am down there, and easy enough...and helps me build confidence on doing my own mods. (Bumbler not just 'cause I stalk wild bumble bees)

I saw the Moog ones on Rock Auto. Nice price.
Moog is a good place for those. I had mine from them for over a year, no issues

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
384 Posts
If you have lifted your rig I suggest the prg extended links I finally swapped a set of them onto my X that is lifted 1.5" and can notice a difference in how the suspension is flexing the stock links were limiting my travel and making it stiffer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you have lifted your rig I suggest the prg extended links I finally swapped a set of them onto my X that is lifted 1.5" and can notice a difference in how the suspension is flexing the stock links were limiting my travel and making it stiffer.
What is the consensus on the amount of lift before these extended links become necessary?

For example, at 2” do the OEM links cause a problem?

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
979 Posts
What is the consensus on the amount of lift before these extended links become a problem.

For example, at 2” do the OEM links cause a problem?
It depends on the length of your shocks. Stock extended length will limit travel before the sway bar. There's about 2"ish more inches to go before the sway bar limits.

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
384 Posts
I am running Bilstein 5100 shocks set to 1.5 inch of lift and noticed a difference between stock links and the PRG extended links.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts