Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Xterra "S" that came stock with the P265/70/R16 BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A. I'm looking at 3 possible options as replacements:

Hercules All Trac A/T
Hercules Terra Trac AT 2
Hercules Terra Trac R/S

My question is has anyone run these before and how were they? Tread wear, road noise, traction in the snow???

Thanks guys.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Just get a set of these. :D I'm pretty sure they will fit and you can roll over anything!

On a serious note I have never heard of them but I do agree with post above look for winter rated tires if you are concerned about snow performance. If anything a good AT tire will do okay for you. You could stick with the BFG's and they are not that loud and they look pretty good for an AT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did some more price checking and I think I've narrowed the search down to:

Cooper Discoverer A/T3
General Tire Grabber A//T2

·
on line
1,113 Posts
the AT3s handled good for me in the one snow storm we had last year. The Grabbers are pretty similar too I was torn between the 2 when I was picking out a set, it came down to price.

·
Registered
236 Posts

Cooper Discoverer A/T3
i have a friend that runs the discoverers and he thoroughly enjoys them. me personally, i want the generals. the only downside is the generals are going to be louder and they are SUPER heavy. and snow won't be as good. in texas, snow is not a concern. the generals are like 56 pounds each. so gas will suck. i vote coopers since you need snow tires too.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a friend that runs the discoverers and he thoroughly enjoys them. me personally, i want the generals. the only downside is the generals are going to be louder and they are SUPER heavy. and snow won't be as good. in texas, snow is not a concern. the generals are like 56 pounds each. so gas will suck. i vote coopers since you need snow tires too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info, I never even thought to look at the weights and how that would effect gas mileage. I do alot of highway driving everyday to/from work so I guess the Cooper's are my best bet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for the info, I never even thought to look at the weights and how that would effect gas mileage. I do alot of highway driving everyday to/from work so I guess the Cooper's are my best bet.
welcome. what I do is go to discounttiredirect.com because they have detailed info on each tire, and you can get reviews from owners. it usually has their weight on there too. and, if you don't find enough reviews on your tire, re-search the tire in a different size. the integrity of the tire should be similar but if more people run 265/70r16 than 285/75r16 then you can get way more reviews to help you understand what you want your tire to do. also, in the review part it shows what state they're from, how the tire is used, what size the tire is (which should be obvious based on your search) and what vehicle they have the tire on. when I see someone has it on a frontier or xterra I always use that review as a good reference. the same tire can wear different speeds on different vehicles! keep that in mind too while reviewing.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

Cooper Discoverer A/T3
I run the grabber At2s, really like them. Ran them thru a calgary winter and they did good. Wearing really well, and for an agressive at, quite quiet on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts