Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont really like the stock body side moldings on my OR xterra.i popped one off cause i was gonna put a 1 1/8" wide black molding up a little higher .then i noticed there was holes underneath....i freaked and tried to put it back on....now i t looks really bad......what are my options now?....well im thinking i cat put the molding i bought over the holes and hope all the holes are lined up and they get covered.has anyone taking these off ? what do the holes look like on the back door? please help

·
on line
1,831 Posts
rickdreyes said:
then i noticed there was holes underneath....i freaked and tried to put it back on....now i t looks really bad
ROFL.

Yeah man, just put the new one on. If it still looks bad, rip it off and buy a new Nissan one from YourNissanParts.com for $23.00. They're on sale right now too. It says no more discounts available because the price has been reduced so low, but upon checkout, try entering "TheNewX" as a coupon code for our regular discount.

http://yournissanparts.com/catalog....rsville&DeptID=238838&ItemID=9929557&detail=1

·
on line
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the moldings i received yesterday are too glossy and cheap looking.so im returning them .i like your idea ...im gonna buy a replacement one and wait for the stock one to fall off . easier than trying to replace the double back tape on it.this all started with a dent on the center of of my door i got got before i even made the first payment.....$85 bucks for the paintless removal...those guys are artists. ...it sucks walking up to your X in a parking lot and seeing a door dent...thanks for the link...

·
on line
98 Posts
body moulding

Are you saying that there are holes underneath of the body side mouldings??

What year is your X?

I have a white 06 and was going to take them off. I thought that they were just taped on.

·
on line
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes there is a hole and a slotted hole ...i have a 2007 off road...holes are use to align the moldings when they are installed at the factory .

·
on line
1,977 Posts
replacing side moldings

Regarging the holes on the rear door.They`re just under the hamburger emblem.They`re 3 7/8" apart.Appx. under the 'N`s'.I just pulled all my emblems.The tape they used is a bitch to get off.Tried the hair dryer and Goo Gone.It all came off but it was a workout.My X is a black SE.I painted the emblems Black with Red letters.Looks great.I left off the XTERRA badge and just used the Black SE and the Red X. :cheers:

·
on line
98 Posts
BSM's

We are talking about the body side mouldings that are on the side door.

I don't think that my 06' has a hole or a slot underneath of the body side mouldings on the doors, I think this may have been started in 07.

Can anyone shed some light on this??

·
on line
339 Posts
Re: BSM's

ptlm15125 said:
I don't think that my 06' has a hole or a slot underneath of the body side mouldings on the doors, I think this may have been started in 07.

Can anyone shed some light on this??
I'm guessing the holes are only on the doors that had moldings put on at the factory.

my 07 came w/o moldings and didn't have any holes.....when i bought moldings from nissan, they cut off the plastic tabs/clips on the back.

·
on line
22 Posts
Tips for removal??

I came across this post, mine didn't have the holes either so that must be just on the factory installed ones.

I do, however, have a damaged moulding on my left-rear door and have ordered a replacement.

Can anyone give me some tips on removing the existing one? I've read to use fishing line to "saw" through the tape and also using a hot hair-dryer.

I don't want to mess the paint up. I freaked out when I saw another post on XterraOwnersClub about someone removing an emblem and taking a chunk of clear-coat with it!

·
on line
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
try a hair dryer or a heat gun.start on a corner.it should pop right out .remember to first mark where the old is , with masking tape.i also used popsicle sticks to make sure i got it back where it was.my x is an 07 with the factory side moldings.of course you aint gonna have holes when there is no molding on there from the factory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts