Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a JVC deck in my 2009 X. It has the base system. The guy at the store sold me this antenna adapter:

However this has nowhere to connect to in the dash. There is this black/blue plug under there:

Is that the antenna? Sure doesn't look like any antenna i've ever seen before. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
You got the wrong adapter. You need one with a matching rextangular plug. The package says "diversity antenna" and there is no way Nissan would include two antennas on the x with everything they leave out Nissan does it different and the reception is nothing to write home about even with a new stereo.

I'm installing a JVC deck in my 2009 X. It has the base system. The guy at the store sold me this antenna adapter:

However this has nowhere to connect to in the dash. There is this black/blue plug under there:

Is that the antenna? Sure doesn't look like any antenna i've ever seen before. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I just installed a Pioneer deck in my Xterra, no adapter was needed. Not sure if they changed wiring in the newer models though. Also not sure why someone would sell you a package that clearly says 1987-2006 years for your 2009 model Xterra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts