Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my roof rack with a baja expo rack in the near future and am looking to see what the forums thinks as far as new lights.

Is LED the way to go or would a traditional set up with a row of Hellas (or similar) be the best way to go?

Not looking to break the bank, looking to spend around $500 or so.

What have you guys used?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
since you already have the factory roof lights, a cheap option is to convert the stock halogens to HID. I've done it on mine, and it really improves it. I would recommend a 35w system, from what i understand, the 55w ballasts just overdrive the bulbs, use more power, and make the bulbs go out sooner. I have 55w in my roof and have had some issues, and 35w in my hella500ff that have given no issues.

if you want to go LED, check out the group buys section, N.Y.X. is a vendor and running a group buy through the end of this month. If you go LED, you'll probably want to swap out your pro-4x roof air dam for a "regular" one without lights in it.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Believe it. A link to the ever growing drama many of us are dealing with currently.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1405777#post1405777
This guy^^^

Put you guys

This is the first I'm hearing of that. Hard to believe!
Never herd about that either
Really? Haven't seen that one.
In your place by informing you about this thread

Believe it. A link to the ever growing drama many of us are dealing with currently.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1405777#post1405777

Are we clear

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
^^hahaha

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out the words that ended up as **** *** ** ***** :confused:

But, Since that's off topic, the OP Should ******* change his *** *** roof lights to a ******* set of HIDs unless he likes the ******* LEDs ******* better. All you ******** better stop the ******* cussing or the ******* mods will get ******.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts