Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front driver side door was bent backwards (Tommy Boy style) and the door barely closes when I slam myself against it. Obviously new hinges are needed along with the door. I can probably bang the fender back to shape.
What's the easiest way to get this fixed? Body shop, order a new door and hardware and have it painted and install myself, etc?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My front driver side door was bent backwards (Tommy Boy style) and the door barely closes when I slam myself against it. Obviously new hinges are needed along with the door. I can probably bang the fender back to shape.
What's the easiest way to get this fixed? Body shop, order a new door and hardware and have it painted and install myself, etc?

Might be cheapest to try and find a replacement (same color) at a yard man. I'd never have that kind of luck but, you might.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is a great price for all of that. I had three shops quote me between five and six hundred dollars to spray and install a replacement front fender I already had. I finally had a friend of a friend spray it for $60 and installed it myself. Stupid mistakes cost stupid money. Glad you are getting it taken care of.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts

I did that exact same thing to mine once, I can't believe someone else did the same thing too! The damage in your pics looks exactly like mine. Anyway Ihad the insurance company replace it at the dealership, don't remember the cost.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did that exact same thing to mine once, I can't believe someone else did the same thing too! The damage in your pics looks exactly like mine. Anyway Ihad the insurance company replace it at the dealership, don't remember the cost.
I didnt want to report it to insurance. With a $500 deductible, it would only save me $250 plus they would probably try to shaft with me my premium afterwards.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I didnt want to report it to insurance. With a $500 deductible, it would only save me $250 plus they would probably try to shaft with me my premium afterwards.
Mine didn't go up, I actually got a check for "depreciated vehicle value" that basically refunded my deductible. But I am glad a dealership did the work it came back like new and that was five years ago with no problems so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts