Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the gears or locker in their 05 or 06 X? Doing my research I havent found any aftermarket gears out there but maybe I missed someone?

Thank you!

Jordan

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Jordan,

Unfortunately there are no aftermarket gears or lockers for the new X’s. I know people have tried to convince ARB to make lockers, but so far nothing.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Jordan,

The last that I heard from ARB was that they were waiting on someone to bring their rig in to be tested to see if the current lockers they carry would work in our rigs or if they have to do another locker or not. No one every did volunteer to bring in their rig to be the test rig. Maybe you can give them a call and see what happens?

·
on line
3,217 Posts
OregonX said:
Hey Jordan,

Any idea when we're going to see the next x-blade article?
OregonX,

Here ya go.

Old Navy said:
Here is the response to my E-mail. . .

Senlin,

The project is still moving forward. The reason for the delays is that we have a lot going on within our magazine and don't always have the pages to fill it with everything we are working on each month. The vehicle currently has a lift kit and new tires installed and will be back in the magazine in the February 2007 issue. As you know the aftermarket for this vehicle is not overwhelming so we are having a tough time securing what we need. Being part of a publication its not as easy as just picking anything we want, we have to make a lot of people happy in the process.

Thank you for reading our magazine and being excited about the project. You will see more soon!

Jordan May
Feature Editor
4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine
Off-Road Magazine

Office: 714-769-7418
Cellular: 714-342-5801
Fax: 714-769-7777
2400 E. Katella Ave., Suite 700
Anaheim, CA 92806

·
on line
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OregonX said:
Hey Jordan,

Any idea when we're going to see the next x-blade article?
I am writing up another article on the project as you read this. Much like my email stated above, we are working hard on all of our projects but they do take time. Trust me, I wish I could pick and choose every month what goes into both of the magazines that I do but I cannot. We have a few other things on the way for the vehicle and hopefully some more advertisers will step up and start making ALL OF US more parts for our Xterras!

Jordan

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Thanks, Jordan (and Dan). Sounds awesome, can't wait to read it. I was going to renew my prescription next month anyway (just because it is my favorite off-road rag), but now I've got even more reason...

·
on line
576 Posts
MagEditor said:
Has anyone replaced the gears or locker in their 05 or 06 X? Doing my research I havent found any aftermarket gears out there but maybe I missed someone?

Thank you!

Jordan
This is the main reason I had to replace my rear axle to the Ford 9" when doing the SAS. There is just nothing at all out there for gears. And going to a 36inch tire, new gears was a must. Even if gears become available, I am sure it will be like the first gen, and the prices will be ridiculous. But hey, thats why you here right, to get the word out :)

·
on line
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PonyBoy said:
MagEditor said:

Thank you!

Jordan
This is the main reason I had to replace my rear axle to the Ford 9" when doing the SAS. There is just nothing at all out there for gears. And going to a 36inch tire, new gears was a must. Even if gears become available, I am sure it will be like the first gen, and the prices will be ridiculous. But hey, thats why you here right, to get the word out :)
Haha yeah I am doing my best to work with all of our advertisers to get them moving on new parts for our vehicles. Now that I have put over 10000 miles on the Xterra and had it in the dirt a few times I am ready for more modifications!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts