Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please check my post from today down below (01/06/14) for my new question. I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it..

I just replaced the fuel level sending unit on my 06 OR, and now the VDC light is on, on the dash.. No amount of pushing the button or holding it down will get it to turn off.

I have not driven it yet, Im actually about to hop in the shower, but before I went, I was hoping to get the questions out there for a quick response...

Is it normal for the VDC light to come on, before driving the car, after the battery has been disconnected? Is it just a reset thing that will happen while driving or did I somehow mess up the VSS on the drivers rear axle while dropping and installing the fuel tank??

Thanks guys.. Im a bit perplexed and annoyed right now..

·
on line
22,508 Posts
VDC light does tend to come on after the battery is reconnected - drive 100 feet in a straight line and it should go away (unless, of course, something else has gone wrong). Every time I reconnect the battery I take a spin around the block and it's all good.
This. Drive it. It will go off. It's normally on after disconnecting the battery. No problem. It requires a quick drive to run its self test to reset itself.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! You are all the best...

Now I just have to worry about the lug stud that snapped off because someone before me cross threaded one of the lug nuts when they put the wheels on last... Just about all of my other "maintenance" items have been cross off the list, so Im getting somewhat satisfied with the progress..

Now I just need a Shrock front and rear bumper and some sliders, as well as an Xoskel low pro light bar and some 33's...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. Its replaced.. I went last night and filled up, my fuel gauge is still extra slow to register the fuel. It still only reads 3/4 tank..

Im beginning to loose my mind on this one. Knowing an accurate fuel level is quite important to me.

Any ideas if the new FLSU didn't work? What now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts