Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did another clean-up today with my local 4x4 club here in NV. Today's mission: Clean the graffiti and trash some d-bags had left on and around the rock formations on the BLM land a few miles up the road from my house known as: MoonRocks.

I'm not sure about other places in the country, but here, people tend to think it's "just the desert" and act like idiots. They paint stuff, dump stuff and then shoot the stuff.

We have a bazillion miles of wide open spaces we can use for just about anything we want. It really is a wheelers paradise out here. For the most part the 4x4 clubs, mine included, really respect what we have and do our best to preserve it. The part that pisses me off the most is we get hurt the most when the government closes these areas down due to the vandalism or dumping. The idiots will always find a new spot to trash/paint/shoot up but it is much harder to find that sweet trail that has that super fun obstacle you love or the amazing view of your home town from above.

This site is great and I will continue to be a part of it for as long as you'll have me but, lets face it, we are a very spread out group. Most of us will never meet or talk face to face. It is with this that I strongly encourage you to seek out your local clubs and get involved in some clean-up efforts! Help keep public spaces public! It sucks spending your weekends cleaning up after some other unknown a$$hats but can very quickly turn into party atmosphere that almost always turns into a great time+wheeling:cheers:

I'll get off my soap box now and share a few pics:D

Here is part of what we had to fix today:
Place was a disaster! With about 50+ people up to the challenge though, we got the place lookin shiny again in no time!

My dad was nice enough to pull his hot water rig out with 500 gallons of water out to help with the graffiti:

Pops hanging from a Yota, blasting the crap off the granite:

Just about done:

I was busy so that's all I have for now:dontknow:. I'll update with more pics as they become available.

All in all it was a great day. The BLM ranger was very happy with our efforts and was super thankful. We picked up a ton of trash and used almost all 500gal of water on the graffiti. I spent the rest of the day watching some of the local guys run some insane lines through the rocks in their various types of buggies. Just for fun, youtube Moonrocks Reno. You'll get an idea of what I failed at getting pics of:notworthy:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I saw the thread over on Reno4x4, sad when others try to ruin things, I heard there was a big party out there and the cops busted a bunch of kids, they blocked all the exit roads and waited for the punks to leave, nabbing them up one by one, some kids left on foot and had to walk for miles, a co-worker of mine picked up a few kids walking that morning and got the whole story!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the thread over on Reno4x4, sad when others try to ruin things, I heard there was a big party out there and the cops busted a bunch of kids, they blocked all the exit roads and waited for the punks to leave, nabbing them up one by one, some kids left on foot and had to walk for miles, a co-worker of mine picked up a few kids walking that morning and got the whole story!
Good! Kids today are freakin special. One idiot put their initials with the year they graduate from Spanish Springs high in spray paint on the rock:laughing3:

We all did stupid things as kids, I know I did. I woke up many times in the middle of nowhere in a pile of beer cans when I was in high school. We cleaned up our mess before we left though:angry5: Had they left it clean, this wouldn't have made it on the news.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts