Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a diagram Steve posted in this thread

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7706&start=15

to remove my side morriors. One thing is missing. Do i need to also remove the whole plastic part of the inside of the door itself? Im thinking the answer to that question is yes. I wasnt able to disconect the wiring for the mirror with only removing what is show in the above linked diagram.

I guess im just looking for someone to say, "yeah, you have to remove all the plastic b.s. on the inside of the door.

Im doing this so i can give the plastic holding the morrors a coat of bedliner, mine are all scratched up from wheeling. So i figured it would be a good place to use it.

·
on line
192 Posts
been a while since i had the door apart, but i dont believe you have to remove the door panel.

look down at the floor by your feet, where the wire eventually ends up.. you should be able to disconnect it from there, i can go pull mine apart real quick if you want.. I have done it a couple times ;)

·
on line
616 Posts
You have to remove all the door trim to get to the power mirror harness.But don't sweat it. Its pretty easy.

-Old Army

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bummer...................guess ill have to wait a while to do that mod then. Its too damn cold here in ohio right now. I thought i could do it today since it was a blistering 50 degrees outside. Either way, ill know when i do it exactly what i will need to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts