Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the plugs in the back of the head unit? I'm having a very difficult time trying to remove them. I am sitting here in my car in my garage as I type this. I have tried to push down on the top section of the middle part, but cant get it to be removed. Its not like the other plugs back there that are relatively easier to remove (like the passenger airbag sensor light, etc.)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i don't remember exactly, been a while since i've had a stock headunit, but isn't there a little tab you have to push in while wiggling the plug back and forth to get it out? i remember having difficulty with a plug there too.

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but it seems like it won't come out for me. I'll keep trying, though. Thanks for the fast reply.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
dude i ALWAYS have problems with wireing harneses, i know your fustration. good rule of thumb, theres usually always a reflief knoch, just look at the harness and try to understand how that particular knotch works, and when u do, press it or lufe, or however it works and just wiggle and pull till it come, itll feel like it wont come but it will
sometimes its okay to use a flat head screwdriver to get it going,, only if u have the notch depressed

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i used a small flathead screwdriver to push the notch down. A little wiggle jiggle and it's out.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
haha, yup, thts about what it took me, i also had trouble removing the harness for the AC controls, i found the little lifter thing that help it down finally

·
on line
1,165 Posts
ok, now im confused. you have the stock radio, but looking for stock radio mounts......whats up?

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I am putting in the non Bose 6-disc indash CD player. I like the factory look and dont want something that will attract too much attention. If only they made an indash 6disc mp3 player with navigation. I know that they do for the Pathfinder, Titan, Armada, etc, but I would like something with the factory look that is direct plug and play.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Deltaphi216 said:
i used a small flathead screwdriver to push the notch down. A little wiggle jiggle and it's out.
thats what I did after about 3 minutes of cussing and not being able to get a stickin plug out. :banghead:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts