Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is aggravating. Before I wash the truck, to help remove the bugs, I spray some simple green on the front bumper and plastic piece on the roof. Bad move because now there are stains from this spray that I cant get out with, so far tried Nu-Finish and Turtle Wax Ice waxes, no luck. Any suggestions?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
try using a silicone based spray. i sometimes use it on the cars that i detail. it brings back the shine for a while. its called 6222 Bumper Black.

LINK

·
on line
1,208 Posts
are the stains on the plastic upper? or the paint?

If the plastic upper that 6222 bumper black should work, but the paint, hmm... just off the top of my head because I use simple green alot, I think that the chemicals in the simple green that make it such a good cleaner affected your clearcoat, you might not be able to get that out. but I would try and go aboiut fixing it as if it were a scratch, with rubbing compound, buffing and waxing.

If that does not work, then go get your truck Bed liner sprayed, and never worry about that stuff again.

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I used the Mothers product Back to Black and it worked like a charm. Thanks everyone. The Mothers scratch remover isnt bad for scratches on the paint either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts