Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my roof rack side decal and it left a weird reverse fade, like it was lighter under where the decal was, cant really figure out why this is, seems like if anything it would be darker where the decal was. have any of you had this problem as well, and if so have you found a way to "un-fade" it to match the rest? If I cant fix it somethings gonna have to go back up there, its driving me crazy! :scratch:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mine is the same way.

the other thing I found, when I removed my cross bars they had the same shade under them as was under the sticker.

The brushless car wash removed my one sticker over a year ago, and it's still the same faded color today, so it's not from the sun I don't think.

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is weird, I've never heard of anything fading darker.

I'm gonna have to cover it up with something. I have a friend that owns a graphics business, www.autographik.com he made me my black nissan logo for front of the rack,as well as all my motorcycle/ helmet graphics. maybe I'll throw something custom up there, maybe a website or something.

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, I know this thread is old, but the weather is just getting better here in Maine, so I tried Armor All, and it pretty much made it worse

before

after

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have tried a few different things and couldn't find anything. I also don't think it's faded as mine came off the one side when it was pretty new and I peeled the other side off much much later and it looks identical. I almost wonder if it's some sort of activator for the sticker adhesive?

My solution? Scrap the stock rack. :)

·
on line
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
muzikman said:
I have tried a few different things and couldn't find anything. I also don't think it's faded as mine came off the one side when it was pretty new and I peeled the other side off much much later and it looks identical. I almost wonder if it's some sort of activator for the sticker adhesive?

My solution? Scrap the stock rack. :)
yeah, that'll do it! I'd like to see picks of an aftermarket xterra rack.

My soulution is I ordered decals that say www.ATT2DETAIL.COM
to cover it up and help plug my brothers business. should have 'em on tomorrow

·
Registered
51 Posts
How did you guys get the factory stickers off? I'm trying to peel them off and it's not working. Thinking I'm going to have to wait until I get a heat gun.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine came off quite easily -- but I did it when the truck was brand new. I think over time the sun probably bakes them on. And it may make them more brittle, too, so they break up as you peel. The heat gun is probably a good idea. Good luck. HPH

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I think 05-08 and 09+ have different rack decals. The newer one may peel off easier, they are also a separate piece for each letter where as the older ones are 1 piece.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Pretty sure mine weren't separate for each letter. An over zealous touch free car wash started to remove one of mine for me so I took them off when detailing my Xterra this past spring. They had been on there for four years so you can still kinda see ghosting of where it used to be, but it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Ah you are correct. The TERRA portion is all 1 piece with the letters cut out. I just knew I had used it as a paint mask and had not looked at it in a while.

Still a little different than the 05-08 looks like they don’t have cut outs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts