Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any of you be able to guide me in removing the factory roof lights along with it's respective wiring harness and switch/relays?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am replacing them with a 40" Totron led light bar, so I will be mounting a stock air dam in their place. I want to sell them on here but have no clue as to how to remove all of its respective working parts to ship to the new owner. I also don't know what a fair price would be to sell them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am replacing them with a 40" Totron led light bar, so I will be mounting a stock air dam in their place. I want to sell them on here but have no clue as to how to remove all of its respective working parts to ship to the new owner. I also don't know what a fair price would be to sell them.
Same exact situation right here, lol. I'm wondering if I should just go all the way and buy a new roof rack.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Just unscrew the roof dam, unplug the stock lights and sell as is.

For the new light bar run a new set of wires and switch (to be independant) or connect to existing wires (and use stock switch with highbeams) (I think this is an option anyway) and mount the 40" bar using the existing holes in the roof.

There's several threads about mounting 40" light bars.

·
on line
2,233 Posts
You take off 6 torx screws. But you need to remove the 2 clip on nuts on the rails. 2 of the screws and the clip on nuts go with the air dam.

The no-light air dam uses push pins in those 2 clip locations and just 4 torx screws across the roof.

Wiring is a different ballgame. Really nothing that can be removed. You have a hole in your roof for wiring, you need to keep that. All the relays and stuff are built into the harness and IPDM, don't screw with it. The roof lights are part of the truck's wiring and computers, not an add on. The next owner will have to make there own wiring, now way to get yours out without gutting the whole wiring harness in the truck.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Oh OK, my bad lol. Might be tough to sell a stock roof rack though. But I meant a Gobi or Baja rack lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Good luck selling a stock roof rack, lots more people taking those off than putting them on since all X's come with them.
Ahh, but I have lights on mine, and there's always parting out to people who have weird stuff happen like a car wash ripping off your air dam.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
well, apparently, based on another thread, you simply go to a car wash
LMAO. I still can figure out how that happened

Same exact situation right here, lol. I'm wondering if I should just go all the way and buy a new roof rack.
I you cant get the air damn off how do you expect to replace the whole rack ??:scratch::laughing2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts