Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, anyone know how to remove the chime when the doors open. i have friends tht have done it with their silverados but it was just a plug.
thanks
cam

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I think I saw a push button type switch in the door frame - though a lot of
cars don't have this these days. If the X's have this, most likely take the
switch out and unplug the ground wire- so as to block the circuit from being
completed when the doors open.

·
on line
189 Posts
yea it would be nice if i can have mine taken out too
because it is so annoyin

if anybody knows how please telll

·
on line
493 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman! Does anyone know know how to disable the speaker on the back of the gauge cluster? The beeping drives me nuts and I'd (along with others apparently) like to disable it altogether.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havnt tried yet, but when I do my guage LED swap, im going to try to find out!
yes, very annoying. especially while tailgating with all the doors open.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i just taped a penny over the switch on the door frame.

·
on line
493 Posts
Soooo... there is a way to do this by simply unplugging this connector under the dash. I found this image on Club Frontier. Here's the thread and the image below of the connector you unplug: http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/you-tired-beeping-yet-48092/index2.html It took me a couple minutes to figure out exactly which one to unplug, but it's pretty easy to identify.

By unplugging this, the idiot chime is gone when the key is in the ignition and the door is open. When you leave your headlights on and the pull the key out, it still beeps at you, which is good. This way, you don't have to touch the door sensor and your overhead lights still come on when you open the door. Win, win win.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Sweet. This has been bothering me since I bought it.

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman! Does anyone know know how to disable the speaker on the back of the gauge cluster? The beeping drives me nuts and I'd (along with others apparently) like to disable it altogether.
I dunno if it's a good idea to disable the speaker because it also buzzes when your oil is dangerously low or too high... Disabling the switch would be better and alot easier. Just my 2 cents.

:eek:ccasion5:

·
on line
241 Posts
Is the door chime required by law? It's odd that all vehicles in the US have them but not as far as I remember outside the US. Why do we have to be nannied like this?

·
on line
971 Posts
Just did this mod. Took me about 5-10 mins. The hardest part was contouring my body to get under the driver's side dash to disconnect the wires. Finally, the annoying chime is eliminated.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the door chime required by law? It's odd that all vehicles in the US have them but not as far as I remember outside the US. Why do we have to be nannied like this?
"license and registration"
"my wallet is in my other pants"
"sir, step out of the vehicle...."
"...why isn't your door chiming?"
"i disabled it"
"put your hands behind your back"

Fail
:laughing5:

·
Caretaker of The Minion
3,720 Posts
"i disabled it"

Fail
^ LMAO!

btw...where's the pic in the CF thread...it doesn't show :-( anyone able to post it in here?

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
"i disabled it"

Fail
Win. best post of the week!