Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes are very squeaky so I went on the net to look for some solutions. Many people say that its a bunch of dirt and debris between the shield the rotor and even inside the rotor. I noticed this while trying to clean everything out of there so I'm wondering what yall's opinion is on removing those. I hear only good things about doing that and the only bad thing I hear is that they are more prone to having things hit the rotors which doesn't really matter to me because stuff is going to get there no matter what...

·
Registered
507 Posts
My brakes are in greats shape but squeak like they're going out. I'm thinking I have the same problem as you, germandude.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The funny thing is that after I find a puddle and everything gets coated in mud again its fine for a couple days then it all dries out and everything starts making noise again. I think Ill be removing the shields today and report back with my findings.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So after a long of taking the calipers rotors and everything off and giving it a good clean its all better. no noise at all.

got a good look at the shields and the front are easy to take off but dont seem be to getting in the back. the rear shields are tied into something with the e brake and it was just too much to take apart for me to figure out if i could actually take them off. they may need to be cut...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts