Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
on line
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finnished installing a DEI Automate remote starter. No more walking out to a cold car this winter :rockin: It was easier than I thought it would be. Any interest in a how too?

·
on line
149 Posts
I am curious. How much did it cost you? A lot of places I have seen install them for free, but I guess they just may include that already in the cost.

·
on line
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DEI automate system has a passive alarm function built into it and signals that can be used to arm/disarm a third party alarm. The built-in alarm only triggers if the ignition is turned on when it thinks the doors are locked. This unit also has an AUX channel that I am going to connect to a set of roof rack lights when I get them.

·
on line
87 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
Just post the how to! I am waiting for the T harness as I don't want to hack into the harness. MC
I got a remote starter sitting around here i got from wally world for 25$ If you do a write up i might get to installing mine. Mc where did you get the t-harness?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I don't have a T harness, I am waiting for one. I have two remote starts but i don't want to hack into things I can't replace cheap. Plus, my starter only has a 1/2 mile range. I might want the one that has a pager that you start withthe phone from anywhere. That way when I am out on long azz trips and Cleveland winter hits, I can melt the snow as it arrives.

Last thanksgiving I came in and hit the clock, went to clear off car took an hour under about 2 feet of snow. Had I waited to hit the clock, I'd got paid like $300 to clean it off like everyone else did.

Someone will come out with a T harness soon. The waiting game again. MC

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I'd do it for free. Go to Bulldog alarm site free wire diagrams with colors. If they don't have it 12volt.com or someone like that. But as I said before Bulldog Talking Alarm $50 Wal Mart. 30 Min self install more protection that the hih dollar ones. You want something quick on the warning, that's it. I installed one with Radar on my boat, Next time I'll install a Bulldog. Much easier. You buy it, PM me I can walk you through the install. MC

·
on line
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's comming. I intended to do it this weekend, but the honey-do list took all my time. Next mod I do, i will make sure to take more pictures while I am doing it. I have a PDF file of the wire chart. If any one wants it I can email it to them. I havn't found a place that will host it for me, because it is not a picture or video.

·
on line
844 Posts
I got a hold of the wiring diagram, I still really really want a how-to. jwd you're my frickin hero, please don't let this die. :bounce: :bounce:

·
on line
37 Posts
We really need a how-to on this - with pictures. If anyone has any experience bypassing the clutch sensor for the MT, I would greatly appreciate the insight. I heard that a lot of professional installers will not install a remote start with a MT, or that they make you buy some type of magnetic neutral sensor for safety.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I think they have a kit for MT's but for sure not a good idea to bypass anything that it's not designed to do. I've pushed my start button by mistake a few times and had it been a MT in gear the neighbor would have had about 4 new living rooms by now. Not to mention the liability of such an install. MC

·
on line
559 Posts
Clifford makes a remote start for MTs. I have one. I'm not talking about the DEI/Clifford models. I'm talking about the strictly Clifford models. It's called Intellistart.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Ya see! Above is the info you are looking for. And although I have done many of these, they are never an easy install. Something always goes crazy. On my Dodge there were two blue wires in main harness, I got one and figured that was the one, they meant the 10 AWG blue wire not the 14 AWG blue wire. Needless to say things would not work right until I found the problem, In fact the Truck was inoperable. So be aware of that if you tackle it. If they make a T harness for your X it's well worth the money. Don't ever slice a wire in half only tap into it. There is lots of wires to look for, I normally find and tag them 1st then install. But I want a T harness. More un-do able.

MC

1 - 20 of 42 Posts