Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I mean to say is....do you regret the model X that you got? Do you have an X or an S and wish you had gotten the OR? Is the LSD enough, or have you found yourself wishing you had a locker? Seems that finding a OR around here is a little more difficult than I expected. Also, I could easier afford a X model right now than an OR, but I do not want to buy the X and then wish I had waited for an OR.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
I got the X on purpose. I ended up ripping out everything undeath and replacing it anyways. Do you really want mud flaps and step rails? I guess the only good thing would be the locker. But so far i have gone quite a few places that people neded lockers for, and i had no problems. So id say im glad i paid less and got the X model.

·
on line
12 Posts
I had the same dilemma, and got an OR. I have used the locker several times, and it really helped. I think with enough effort you can probably get by without the locker though.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
More than happy with the Off Road model. Purpose bought.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Nope, I love my "S" to death, wouldn't mind a locker but that's what ARB is for :p

psst, ARB, move faster!

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, you guys are fast! The only advantage that I can see to getting the locker from the factory is that it is covered by warranty (and the cost is part of the veh payment) I would probably replace stock shocks on an S or X, but I would replace the skid plates on any of them. I have managed to get by w/o lockers in the past, so maybe I will again. Oh, and the stock tires on any of them would have to go, too.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
I've been more than happy with my S model. I decided against the OR model because it was an extra $3000-$4000 at my dealership. I didn't think it was worth that much extra for a locker and skids/shocks that I would just end up replacing when I could wait and get an aftermarket locker for $1000-$1300.

Any doubts I had about not getting a OR quickly faded when people started blowing rear ends. Every rear end failure reported on this forum has been an OR model, and they've all been attributed to the internals in the factory e-locker unit (if you dont' count Xterraracer, I think he managed to snap a shaft...).

That being said, I had to wait (and I'm still waiting) a hell of a lot longer than I thought for an ARB air locker. There still isn't an exact release date. We just know it'll be coming some time this year.

It would have been nice to have one for the last 2 years though...

·
on line
527 Posts
I bought the X model on purpose because I knew i didnt want the side rails and the stock off road skids are junk. buy the side moldings ($60) and some wheels ($250) and bam you are upgraded and saved yourself $2k

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I am more than happy with my X model. I bought it to build it. The only thing I have felt would be practical, would be the fold down front seat. Would have been nice to have a time or 2, but I am in no way suffering without it.

·
on line
45 Posts
Don't regret the SE, locker would be nice, but there's always aftermarket :D

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I also love my S model. It has been a great base to build on. With everything that I have done so far, when I pull up to an OR model on the road. They are looking at my truck with envy!! I now looks way more agressive than a stock OR model

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate all of your replies. Definately something to consider while I am plotting my next move!

·
on line
28 Posts
I love my 2007 S. I'm using it as a daily driver and for some weekend fun-mainly mountain biking, fishing, and camping. It's a solid vehicle with lots of power and I couldn't have made a better choice.

·
on line
5 Posts
I wouldn't say "Regret"...

I got a good deal on an OR 4X2, and I wish I had looked longer for a 4X4. Future plans are to lock up the diff, and add a winch, and a light lift. That should get me most places.

Other than that, I LOVE THE TRUCK!!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I'm VERY happy with my OR, I've modified, it to MY requirements--

--I don't love it-I love my wife and my kids !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 20 of 35 Posts