Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was installing new speakers in my X the other day and somewhere in the process of cleaning up, my key got too close to old speakers and erased the transponder? I admit, I was very confused when I went to start the truck and it would only turn over but not fire. After a few seconds of scratching my head though, it dawned on my what had happened.

Question is, how much does it cost to reflash the key? Can only Nissan do it or can others do it that make keys if I have them use my spare as a reference? My spare still works.

·
Registered
499 Posts
My local ACE hardware has the programmer. I tried to get it done Saturday but the place was a mad house and I got tired of waiting. I'm headed back up there now to see if they can do it today.

I think they said it was $70, but I'm bringing my own blank. The dealer wanted $160 here to program :bs:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Well, my Ace couldn't do it. They couldn't flash the key I picked up off Amazon and they didn't have the right blanks in stock. Although he told me if I could get a HY KO blank, he would cut it and program it for free.

Off to search for the right blank now.

Oh, and BTW, I tried Lowes too, they only do the 1st Gen X's there. Walmart was the same way.

·
on line
178 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts