Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are in Las Vegas around the whole valley. Most trails I ran back in highschool, and it was open desert and it was fun. Today I did Red Rock and we had to manuver around so many obstacles that were placed to keep people out. Residential homes are being built, and those owners are complaining about people driving through the desert at all hours of the day.
Well, today while driving through some of my favorite trails in Sheep Range we had to be very careful as to not run over empty beer bottles everywhere. Torched cars were dumped out in the desert, along with garbage people dont want to take to the dump.
I'm heading out to Henderson in a few hours for some night wheeling, and I'm bringing my camera this time. It's ridiculous to see what people are doing to the trails here. Every week there is another torched vehicle, more garbage everywhere and more trails being shut down. I have written letters to the mayor (who is an alcoholic by the way) with no response back. My guess is that they will clean up when it comes time to build in that area.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Man that sucks.... well hopefully you can get some more people and get organized. Then the politicians must listen.

Power to the People!!!

Dont forget... Lots of pics.

·
on line
463 Posts
Wow, sorry to see that people are so sloppy and disrespectful.
This will cause a grteat deal of grief for all of us who do " Tread lightly "
because the areas will get closed.

A primary reason for off-road action groups and the fact that we should help support them financially. They are working in the political action area for " Us "!

Sorry for the soapbox speech,,,,
Also, per your video,,,you'll be needing sliders,,,,ehhh ?

Jim B

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got sliders, come in handy a lot!
i talked to a few 4 wheel drive clubs out here and some said a few members of their club have been caught dumping out in the desert! so they dont know what to do now... i guess time will tell

·
on line
246 Posts
youve got a vegas wheelin buddy right here.............i came over from CF to find some cause there aint no fronty's around that i know of.

·
on line
246 Posts
and yes our mayor is an alcoholic-do u see his martini pin he always wears on his coat...........................
but im gettin dissapointed about the way our trails are being treated to.............i havent been out to the wildlife refuge for a couple months-i go hiking out there a lot. i did the front part of Rocky Gap in redrock but the backside i dont feel comfortable doing til i get sliders from shrockworks.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey toyniss... what part of vegas you live??

the back side of redrock isnt bad. i did it stock, its pretty easy.

weekends are best for me. and with the triple digits here already, night wheeling is better. but ill do anything it dont matter.. as long as its wheelin

·
on line
246 Posts
a little afraid of night wheeling cause i dont have fogs anymore or offroad lights on my bumper yet. but there is wheelers and the lake mead/lake mojave area to go wheeling in the heat but have the lake to go swimming in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts