Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 PRO-4X - keeping stock front & rear bumpers for now - would like to add rear recovery points in stock bumper similar to photo posted. If I were 100% honest - I'd say they are 90% for looks - I don't plan on any serious off road activities - but, I will be in places that IF I need them - like to have them.

EVERY fabricator/place I've found that has made them is either: Out of business, 6-12 months behind, or just doesn't make them anymore. I'd like to do two points on the rear bumper - at least one up front.

Looking for guidance - thoughts - links - direction - help of any kind. I'm an X-Newb - had it for about two months - but, collarbone surgery (MTB crash) right after I got it - so, haven't spent much/enough time with it yet.

Looks like Nisstec (where I got my lift) has bolt-ons for the front - any experience with those?

Tell me what I need to know wise-ones.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
435 Posts
2015 PRO-4X - keeping stock front & rear bumpers for now - would like to add rear recovery points in stock bumper similar to photo posted. If I were 100% honest - I'd say they are 90% for looks - I don't plan on any serious off road activities - but, I will be in places that IF I need them - like to have them.

EVERY fabricator/place I've found that has made them is either: Out of business, 6-12 months behind, or just doesn't make them anymore. I'd like to do two points on the rear bumper - at least one up front.

Looking for guidance - thoughts - links - direction - help of any kind. I'm an X-Newb - had it for about two months - but, collarbone surgery (MTB crash) right after I got it - so, haven't spent much/enough time with it yet.

Looks like Nisstec (where I got my lift) has bolt-ons for the front - any experience with those?

Tell me what I need to know wise-ones.

View attachment 129610
You can buy a trailer hitch recovery point that can get you by in the mean time. Or use a rated hitch pin through the end of a strap.

For the fronts, I've read the recovery points from nisstec do not work with aftermarket radiator skid plates. Since I tore my OEM skid plate out wheeling I wanted to replace that one with something stronger. But I also want to have a recover point up front and not just the tow point.

I'd love to hear from more knowledgeable people about front recovery points and options available.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2015CayenneRedPro4x

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Reactions: 2015CayenneRedPro4x

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If you may ever want to tow anything, just get a trailer hitch and use something like what @Just a Hunter posted.

I would personally take the utility of being able to tow a trailer rather than some offroading jewelry, but it's up to you how you will realistically use your vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We must all evaluate our own needs.
In my case, this was the simplest answer

Ha! Great advice - about 6 seconds after I found out it was hitch or bolt-on recovery points - I ordered this one:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you may ever want to tow anything, just get a trailer hitch and use something like what @Just a Hunter posted.

I would personally take the utility of being able to tow a trailer rather than some offroading jewelry, but it's up to you how you will realistically use your vehicle.
You're totally spot-on. I'll probably be the occasional-tower - but, my hitch-mount bike carrier is a MUST. Until I get an aftermarket bumper - the hitch receiver/jewelry will suffice! (I'm stealing 'offroading jewelry') ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts