Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !
I was wondering what people use for cargo management... ? I know X has those 2 metal build in railings that are very cool to have to what boxes or partitions do you guys make use or seen people put there so you can carry stuff so it don't slide around and things like that ))
I always keep some stuff in the back there and it always moves around.. and probably even when going to buy grossers those bags will always shift.. lol
Any good suggestions , photos and ideas are welcome ! ))
Thank you ! can't wait to see some awesome and useful stuff you guys have

·
Registered
57 Posts
Build a custom drawer system, it's the only way. Just kidding, lol. Low buck ideas:

I went to home depot and got some indoor/ outdoor carpet and cut it to fit the whole cargo area and stuck it with double sided tape. It was really easy and satisfying to complete, total cost was like $20, and it helped a lot with the sliding of random objects. Beyond that I just bungee strap stuff to the back of the seats or tie down rails. Another thing I have found helpful is a milk crate bungeed down tight that you can chuck stuff in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone !
I was wondering what people use for cargo management... ? I know X has those 2 metal build in railings that are very cool to have to what boxes or partitions do you guys make use or seen people put there so you can carry stuff so it don't slide around and things like that ))
I always keep some stuff in the back there and it always moves around.. and probably even when going to buy grossers those bags will always shift.. lol
Thank you ! can't wait to see some awesome and useful stuff you guys have View attachment 130318
Hello everyone !
Thank you ! can't wait to see some awesome and useful stuff you guys have View attachment 130318
I use totes and milk crates (3 across just behind back seat) Right now they have water and sand in gallon milk jugs. 4 jugs fit, of course, perfect. Emergency items for me or to help others in red tote. Have chairs, an umbrella and a disc bag. One milk rate at rear has jack and tools anti-freeze, boots and horseshoes. Te back sea stay empty for groceries and grandson.

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
I use an interior cargo rack to create two packing levels.

This photo was taken prior to departure for goneMOAB 2017.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok... there are things to think about... ))
at some point I was thinking on getting something like ridgid box from home depot and screw it on to one side of the railing truck... .. and if I ever get another one smaller.. I can stuck em up... but then I won't have access to the space under the board...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ok... there are things to think about... ))
at some point I was thinking on getting something like ridgid box from home depot and screw it on to one side of the railing truck... .. and if I ever get another one smaller.. I can stuck em up... but then I won't have access to the space under the board... View attachment 130381 View attachment 130382
I like this idea. Those toolboxes are beefy! I had one at a company I worked for in a prior life.

I use a cheap Amazon cargo manager bungee corded to the back seats and a cargo net. It works pretty well for what it is.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like this idea. Those toolboxes are beefy! I had one at a company I worked for in a prior life.

I use a cheap Amazon cargo manager bungee corded to the back seats and a cargo net. It works pretty well for what it is.
Yes... those boxes are amazing and the price is not that bad.. I think.. I have few of them in my work van (Nissan NV1500 ) and they can take alot of abuse and they fit alot of stuff and you can manage them pretty well they way they stock up.. thats why I was kinda thinking on buying them perhaps for my Xterra as well

·
Super Moderator
4,384 Posts
Are Wolfpack boxes worth the premium?
They are for me. Action Packers waste too much space and the Plano line of plastic boxes are too flimsy for my tastes.

I use Wolfpacks in the Xterra (as shown above) and the smaller Cubpacks in my jeep (as shown below) with the same two-tier packing system utilizing an interior cargo rack as I use in the Xterra.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
67 Posts
I've been pondering options on this. Since my dog and I sleep in the truck on long transits as well as when boondocking overnight, I'd really like to keep the back behind the driver's seat reserved for sleeping. That leaves the narrow passenger side as the place to store all our gear. By removing the bottom seat cushion on that side our Pelican cooler fits low enough that it can be opened inside the truck. There's also enough room for two seven gallon water jugs and a few odds and ends. The tent, tarp and other campsite stuff goes in front of the passenger seat effectively level with the seat so my dog can stretch out next to me on long drives. Clothing and food goes in totes behind the rear passenger seatback, but tends to slide around a bit. I was thinking of using Baltic plywood to make an L-shaped fixture bolted to the track on that side, but might try BradB's outdoor carpet idea first

·
Registered
858 Posts
They are for me. Action Packers waste too much space and the Plano line of plastic boxes are too flimsy for my tastes.

I use Wolfpacks in the Xterra (as shown above) and the smaller Cubpacks in my jeep (as shown below) with the same two-tier packing system utilizing an interior cargo rack as I use in the Xterra.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I've been eyeing them long enough now that I should just take a plunge and get organized. I've been wasting time with dollar store boxes long enough.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I've been eyeing them long enough now that I should just take a plunge and get organized. I've been wasting time with dollar store boxes long enough.
I've had 2 wolfpacks and 1 hi-lid in my cart on ok4wd.com for a month now just itching to pull the trigger. Seeing them in MrBill's rig, making me drool (weird i know...). Gotta love the rabbit hole.

·
Registered
2006 OR
25 Posts
Hello everyone !
Thank you ! can't wait to see some awesome and useful stuff you guys have
I have the OEM organizer that works great for groceries and smaller stuff. But the track bolts aren't being used because my rig is the family dogmobile. 98% of the time the seats are folded down and everything is emptied out for them. Want my cargo organizer? 😜

·
Registered
1 Posts
I built a rack from a Harbor Freight hitch rack (~$60) and stack Rubbermaid ActionPackers on it. Also use the Raingler ceiling cargo net for soft items.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use a three story system (plus basement) with two floating racks from the ceiling to leave the most open floor plan on the ground floor indoors, plus roof storage. It affords me lots of flexibility in case I'm camping by myself, or with the Troop and I need to carry other people's stuff. It is important to note that because of herniated disc I cannot be lifting weight and I limit myself to no more than 30 lbs, so the smaller action packers help to keep me from re-injuring myself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts