Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure Greg or PRG are still actively engaged in business. I did manage to order some parts. I ordered front uca's, rear dual add a leaf for 2.5 inches of lift, adjustable shackles, and 4 degree shims for the axle.
I received the uca's, shims, and a single add a leaf for 1.5 inches of lift. I have been unable to get them to answer the phone or my emails for almost two weeks. My last communication from Greg was that my shackles were being mailed and would arrive in 2 days; that was 11 days ago. Still no idea what I am supposed to do with the wrong rear add a leaf.
shop somewhere else and save yourself the headache.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Greg has been so hit-and-miss w/ so many people on this site...it's just incredibly weird. Very sloppy.

I've had much better responses from him w/ a phone call then I've ever had w/ e-mail. Very friendly guy on the phone.
I suspect he's just totally buried as I think he's a one-man show.

I'm really not in the market for any particular item right now but when I am - I'm going w/ Nisstec if possible. There's just too few vendors out there selling Nissan Xterra stuff, so we're a bit of a captive audience.

Jeeps ? Thats a whooole other ballgame.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have heard good and bad things about PRG. For the recored, last month I ordered a U-bolt flip kit. I ordered it on the weekend and it arrived on Wednesday, just a few days later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update. I am not sure if it was the post but I got an email from him clarifying shipping delays for powder coating. He said he is branching out into other vehicles and I sure hope it allows him to hire more help. He seems like a great guy that is just struggling with high demand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Greg is an absolute A-hole and would never get another penny from me... I had to go as far as launch a payment dispute with PayPal to get the guy to respond to me and the incorrect order he sent me.

The "funny" part is I tried several times to just get the order corrected and heard nothing. Launch the dispute and within 10 min he is getting in touch with me.

Why gamble with what kind of service/ parts your going to get with your hard earned cash. Just choose to shop where it's not a gamble!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know I have heard both the good and bad about Greg here on the forum, but I will counter with my good- I emailed him last night trying to buy something and he replied back in less than 30 minutes with advice, not to buy something until I tried out something else. I am not someone important, just a small customer.

Greg has always been helpful to me, and frankly is an asset that has been driven off of these forums by personal attacks. I will not tell you he is easy to get a hold of, because I too have had a hard time getting him on the phone, but calling someone an ahole is uncalled for. It took me weeks of runaround from nisstec to get my money back for an out of stock item that was listed as in stock on their website, but I am not calling them names.

Greg will make it right.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Greg is an absolute A-hole and would never get another penny from me... I had to go as far as launch a payment dispute with PayPal to get the guy to respond to me and the incorrect order he sent me.

The "funny" part is I tried several times to just get the order corrected and heard nothing. Launch the dispute and within 10 min he is getting in touch with me.

Why gamble with what kind of service/ parts your going to get with your hard earned cash. Just choose to shop where it's not a gamble!

So, he's an a-hole because there was mistake with your order and you couldn't get hold of him to fix it? I'm not sure that would make him an a-hole.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Had the very same experience with him twice, once in 2015 and last year again. Will never gamble ordering from him again.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
So, he's an a-hole because there was mistake with your order and you couldn't get hold of him to fix it? I'm not sure that would make him an a-hole.

I wonder if your opinion would be different had you been in CarRamRod's shoes?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
update. I am not sure if it was the post but I got an email from him clarifying shipping delays for powder coating. He said he is branching out into other vehicles and I sure hope it allows him to hire more help. He seems like a great guy that is just struggling with high demand.
Did you talk with him when you provided your initial order? I'm wondering if he sent the 1.5 lift AAL because the shackle's lowest setting is 1 inch?

I will say I've had nothing but good luck with him even when the U-bolt kit I ordered with him took forever. Keep in mind that some of his items are manufactured to his specs, and to keep costs reasonable, he has to do runs when the manufacturer is slow. So unfortunately delays can happen.

I'll be ordering my shackles through him eventually. But I also keep in mind that we are such a small market that delays happen.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Some items he doesnt have in stock and may have to wait to recieve before he sends them..

I ordered something from prg, I emailed him prior to placing the order to a confirm in stock and b confirm shipping times, a few days, great, placed order. it took me almost 2 weeks to get the parts. no excuse.

that said its a source for some good parts, and there arent that many for our X's. I wont say i'd never order from them again, but if it was apart i needed and it was time sensitive I would probably choose a different vendor.

also use pay pal or CC in case you need to take some sort of action or try to get refunded.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
There's a difference between being an a-hole and not following up on a sale. You understand that?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Yes, your correct.

Accepting my money and not honoring the commitment of a sale in a reasonable time may be considered as apathetic, careless, lazy, neglectful and indolent. However, I wouldn't go so far as to define this individual as an A-Hole.

However, failing to honor a sale for an unreasonable amount of time while neglecting to reply to a customers multiple attempts to communicate by phone and email would be grounds for harsher words than A-Hole.

I understand delays take place in manufacturing, and i feel most people are willing to accept this fact if its communicated with them appropriately.

With this being said, when making a purchase, there are few things worse than being deceived by false promises from a retailer . If you dont have an item in stock, either advertise this as such or contact the purchaser and make this clear. If you recognize the item which was purchased will take longer to ship than what you stated, let the buyer have the option to wait on a back ordered item or cancel their order and purchase these items elsewhere.

I'm a Southerner, and I realize we look at things differently than others.
I still accept a handshake as a promise.
A man's word should mean something.
You say what you mean......Mean what you say........Let your words and your actions reflect each other.

Maybe I'm the A-Hole for feeling this way, but in the end you you will know where you stand with me when were speaking to each other.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Had very similar experiences w/ Dezert Runner Offroad...very poor customer service, no tracking no, and my recovery points eventually just arrived on my doorstep.

Also had some lame experiences with Nisstec, while I'm a bigger fan off them overall - but still have experienced poor follow ups, no returned phone calls, ignored emails. Had to keep calling. Spoke w/ Steven there a few times. Friendly chap. Busy as all get-out though.

Had some funny / laughable exchanges with Vividracing.com via instant message.
They were confused as to my order numbers, what was shipped vs what was on back order...basically didn't know much.

Greg isn't the only Xterra aftermarket parts vendor that's just really crummy at customer support.

The takeaway with all of this ? Call them. Repeatedly. Eventually you'll get your stuff. But man, you have to just keep on them.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Just simply a beautiful post

Yes, your correct.

Accepting my money and not honoring the commitment of a sale in a reasonable time may be considered as apathetic, careless, lazy, neglectful and indolent. However, I wouldn't go so far as to define this individual as an A-Hole.

However, failing to honor a sale for an unreasonable amount of time while neglecting to reply to a customers multiple attempts to communicate by phone and email would be grounds for harsher words than A-Hole.

I understand delays take place in manufacturing, and i feel most people are willing to accept this fact if its communicated with them appropriately.

With this being said, when making a purchase, there are few things worse than being deceived by false promises from a retailer . If you dont have an item in stock, either advertise this as such or contact the purchaser and make this clear. If you recognize the item which was purchased will take longer to ship than what you stated, let the buyer have the option to wait on a back ordered item or cancel their order and purchase these items elsewhere.

You say what you mean......Mean what you say........Let your words and your actions reflect each other.

Maybe I'm the A-Hole for feeling this way, but in the end you you will know where you stand with me when were speaking to each other.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I agree, and your post was very well said.

But please don't assume it's about being a "Southerner" or "Northerner". I grew up in northern Minnesota... about as far from being a "Southerner" as you can get. With few exceptions, people there conducted themselves in the same way as you describe.

It's more about the person, and how they were raised, than where they were raised.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Enough of this "A Hole" talk.

Please remain civil and refrain from name calling.

Thank you.

Considering the foul language which is openly heard on the radio and prime-time tv, I would have thought the "A" word was taught in kindergarten.

Re: In my time
A is for Apple
B is for Boy
C is for Cat
D is for Dog

Today
A is for (three letter word)
B is for (not a three letter word)
C is for ( definetly not cat)
D is for ( use your imagination)

:) Nevertheless, Mr. Bill is correct.

With this being said, I will modify my posts on this topic if requested.

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
My post was a request to take the high road, not an invitation to justify one's position or choice of language.

This thread has clearly run its course and is now closed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.