Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!!
I just joined up and wanted to say hi.
First and foremost I have a confession to make. I have been fixated on the Toyota FJ Cruiser from the time they were a concept. I had hit the forums hard and decided that it would be my new ride. Package, color, mod's were all laid out. Long story short, I tossed around with three dealerships, back and forth on my trade-in value (my old truck was heavily modded) and stepped into the Nissan dealership because I was tired of fighting with Toyota. It was a great experience. They gave me substantially more for my trade, and after the '06 rebates and such, I was tempted. I went home and checked out the Edmunds comparo for the X and the FJ, lurked on this forum for a bit and an hour later bought a new '06 X.
My wife liked it better than the FJ from the start, and I have had a great time for the last 1000 miles. It fits my needs so much better. My mods are beginning. Should see our UPS driver soon. :drunken:

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn!

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Welcome! You made a good choice!

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome. I had the same experience with Toyota and getting a Tacoma. Their loss is our gain! The X is a more useful vehicle!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Welcome! I think we were just talking about that, that we all made the right decision in buying the X. I was wondering, but after some desensitizing and the use of a force field I was able to approach that ugly FJ close enough to take a close look and decide I would stick with an X Bigtime. Wife threatened divorce and said she would not ride in an FJ if I bought one. LOL She said it was Fugly? What does that mean? LOL

Anyways, you are in the right place all kinds of people with all kinds of info and open to hear yours learn and teach! Have fun with your X! MC

·
on line
3,217 Posts
:wave:

·
on line
279 Posts
Welcome! Good choice on getting the X. I also considered the FJ since I had an 85 Land Cruiser (FJ 60), but the negatives outweighed the positives.

·
on line
463 Posts
Hey there and WELCOME !

There's no space in the back of the FJ anyway.

And as for the mods,,,,,,Well, it's my little way of helping the economy keep moving forward !

Good to have Ya !

JimB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts