Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
366 Posts
Can't see the pix at work, but I busted one of mine the first rock I drove over on the first trip off roading, lol. Took them all off right then and there.

·
on line
704 Posts
Ah oh! Don't take them off unless you have a replacement on hand. I will post pics of the flaps I got for $17. If you take the flaps off completely and not replace the front ones with anything, the kiss the paint on your rocker panels good bye. After getting numerous chips, I suggest that anybody who takes the flaps off replaces them with the aftermarket solution that flexes. Flexible flaps are very useful :)

·
on line
127 Posts
Did the same thing my first weekend with my X.. and yes, get something for the front! Didn't have them off for a week before a huge scratch showed up..

·
on line
1,504 Posts
yeah, find something, i still have the hunk of junks on my X but on my old truck one i took them off, and from all of the highway driving i do, it was no time before my rockers looked like someone had went to town on them with a BB gun cause all of the small crap on the roads...

·
on line
102 Posts
I'm thinking about leaving the front ones on and putting some kind of flexible ones in back. I don't rock crawl, but I do drive places where I don't want to worry about ripping the hard plastic ones off on a snowbank. Where can I get a set of soft ones that fit the back?

·
on line
704 Posts
txelen said:
I'm thinking about leaving the front ones on and putting some kind of flexible ones in back. I don't rock crawl, but I do drive places where I don't want to worry about ripping the hard plastic ones off on a snowbank. Where can I get a set of soft ones that fit the back?
Any Autozone store. I would replace the back and the front. My car is black and I found a set of nice flaps for really cheap. Flexible flaps look better in my opinion... You simply screw them into the plastic housing that is already there and then make some minor adjustments, if necessary, with scissors :)

·
on line
1,059 Posts
I heard everytime and I was in front of you guys..

·
on line
552 Posts
vman said:
Ah oh! Don't take them off unless you have a replacement on hand. I will post pics of the flaps I got for $17. If you take the flaps off completely and not replace the front ones with anything, the kiss the paint on your rocker panels good bye. After getting numerous chips, I suggest that anybody who takes the flaps off replaces them with the aftermarket solution that flexes. Flexible flaps are very useful :)
Hey what happened to those pics?

·
on line
704 Posts
Will try to post tomorrow. No glamor there at all :) Just some flapping mud flaps :)

·
on line
552 Posts
vman said:
Will try to post tomorrow. No glamor there at all :) Just some flapping mud flaps :)
hehehe cool ill be waiting i think I need some hehe.

·
on line
86 Posts
Nice i love the sound of cracking crap in the morning lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts