Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you take it off? I replaced the front 2, but the rear one I'm having some difficulty getting it off. And is it 14" for the rear?

Christine :cheers:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
To be honest, I can't remember how the rear comes off, but I know it wasn't hard. I did it in the parking lot when I got the new blade. I'll take a look tomorrow.

As for the blade size, I have no idea, I just got a new one from the dealer for $6. I couldn't find one listed in any wiper books at any auto stores.

·
on line
432 Posts
Rear wiper? We have a rear wiper? ...

Oooooh! Yea that other piece that comes with the squirt gun. I love the squirt guns back there.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Don't you have to replace the rear blade with a OEM one?

·
on line
971 Posts
RIXterra said:
Don't you have to replace the rear blade with a OEM one?
Yes you do. The wiper "hook" is larger than the universal size so, only the OEM one will fit. I tried to put on a 14" Silblade, back there, but found out that it would not fit. I may have to do some modding to the factor wiper in order to get the actual wiper part (aka refill blade) to be replaced with the Silblade.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
I just looked at it and it seems doable for a refill.. When it gets a bit warmer around here I'll have to see if it can just be changed out..

·
on line
197 Posts
I had to replace my rear wiper a while ago...bought one at courtesy parts (I think, not sure) and it would not fit. The OEM one at my dealer only cost $12...cheap.

Pull the arm assembly away from the rear glass and the blade assy comes off with a simple rotation of the blade assy (CCW when looking down at it). Installation, just the opposite...

·
on line
278 Posts
So...

Has it been fully determined that the only way to get a new rear wiper blade is to get it from the stealership?

I wish I would've read this before trying to change mine. I threw the old one away at the gas station and then found out that the new on wasn't going to fit. When I tried to grab the old one, it had fallen all the way to the bottom of the garbage can, under a bunch of nastiness. Needless to say, I couldn't retrieve it. So, now, I am back-wiperless. Guess I'll be making the 30 mile trek to the stealers.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
turn the wiper as of your taking the front ones off and it unhinges itself from the arm...really easy to take off....but its only a dealer part....cant buy the replacement at your local auto shop.

·
on line
278 Posts
Pat Peck is in Gulfport. 30 miles round trip, I guess. It's about 15-20 miles up I-10. Eastbrook is in Pascagoula, which is a little further. That was where they had BAMF_X after the lightning strike. :( :( :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts