Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a rear window shade or foldable cover for my 03 X. Any suggestions? Having trouble finding one online

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The only items I've seen which were custom fit for the rear window of an X were fabricated by their owners.

I will follow this thread with the hopes someone has a viable option.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered a set blinds4cars.com a few years ago they cover the rear window, small sides and rear passenger window. I don’t know if they still carry them but might be worth reaching out.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,169 Posts
I made a full set of window shades out of a 10'X48" roll of Reflectix. Cut each one to exact shape and you can just 'fit' them into place when you camp (or just don't want people to see inside). Cost me about $35 for the roll and an hour or so of my time. It really makes a difference in winter when sleeping in the truck. Likely better than anything you can buy.

MTA: I did all the windows except the windshield, which I just use my normal sunshade to block visibility there.

·
Registered
2009 Off Road 6 speed, 55,000 miles...
169 Posts
I made a full set of window shades out of a 10'X48" roll of Reflectix. Cut each one to exact shape and you can just 'fit' them into place when you camp (or just don't want people to see inside). Cost me about $35 for the roll and an hour or so of my time. It really makes a difference in winter when sleeping in the truck. Likely better than anything you can buy.

MTA: I did all the windows except the windshield, which I just use my normal sunshade to block visibility there.
Did the same thing...its kinda of a PITA to get it right, but worth it. Full privacy (and really dark) when all the windows are covered (I also use a regular windsheild sunblocker for the front)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are these homemade shades JUST made out of the Reflectix or did you cut cardboard or something else and wrap it in the Reflectix?

·
Registered
2009 Off Road 6 speed, 55,000 miles...
169 Posts
Just out of the material. It’s just barely thick and stiff enough to hold its shape and stay on the windows. You just have to cut the shapes a tiny bit larger so you can “stuff” it along the edges.

The first one took 3 tries to get right, then I got the hang of it.

FYI, this material is also great for quickly laying on concrete (or other hard/rough surfaces) if you need to get under your car or do other work on the ground. I keep a piece about 4’x4’ folded, along with all the window shades on my ceiling cargo net!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the response. Once you have the pieces cut to the proper size, how do you store them? Can you fold them or roll them and they'll still hold their shape and stay on the window? Or do you need to keep them more or less flat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts