Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the folks, on forum. For pointers on the Electrical connections and the Location to tap in to the power.

IT's not the pretty set up, BUT!! far from done. Ran out of day light & Time. Electrical will do for now, till I can Hard wire it inside. (such as summer when its warm & dry outside!). Will be camping in the Deep Dark snow, next week. Good test run case I get stuck!!... ;-)

Bought the 24 foot Warn Rear attachment Kit $142 bucks.
24 foot of Cable, with power adapter plug, Noid & conections.
Running 24 feet of Power cable under The X that is only 12 feet Long from bumper to Battery. One must do lots of creative wrapping & feeding the power cables.. shesh.. Need a kid rental for running cables under The X.

The Noid, There is just not much space under the hood!!.. when your limited on distance for the positive cable. shesh.. I attached photo, of Noid wired in & mounted, With added Zip tie to hold it ( Anit-murphy's Law)

Instead of feeding Switch inside the cab.. had to temp wire it for under the hood use. Till summer. Hooked up winch to Hitch Reciever, plugged in the Cable. Hit the switch to add power to the cable. Yep, Meter shows Power. WHEW...
As you can see in the photo, Rear Cable is not attached.. YET!!.. Trying to find spot that will work, but not fill up with grit & mud.
BUT Suck-a works!!!... Ran Spool out 15 feet, Ran it back in with Gloved Hand... yeahooooooo

Photo from the side

Photo from the Rear

Now, I just need to figure way to carry the Winch in the back.. Dam thing is Freaking Heavy!!!!... Will not run down the road with it hanging out the back, Too much dirt grit. Least I can get stuck with the front wheels & yank my self out.. :) Just hope The Power will Run the Winch when it's under load??? I HOPE!!!.. Winch was used in my V-8 full size Bronco.. more power then the X.

Added the Hot Plug, Now Attached to the Trailer plug frame. Can see a shackle hooked up to inner bumper. Good spot to store it :)

Hope photo's send okay.. and posted in correct locaton :)

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Your's is heavy duty--

--

--Mine is really just for moving my trailer, if the going gets tough !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah.. Case the bears & wolfs attack. I can run my Xterra up a tree & be safe.

9.5 Ti should be more then enough to rip my Factory bumper off :)

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Forgot to mention. But you should switch to synthetic line. It'll get rid of some weight for ya..

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx.
only fear, is How strong is the Hitch Receiver?.

That is one of my next buy's for the Amsteel Blue Rope. Will help with the weight allot. Bad part, is the rope is real easy to snag & brake threads. Vs the Wire Cable.

Works great for hanging Elk in camp. Running pulley up a Tree Winch it up, OR running Tarp over camp in a Stormy Snow/Rain storm. :)

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dang winter is over.. can not get stuck to test out my Winch.. drats. Least the plug is now wired in to bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts