Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the rear view mirror with direction and auto dimming feature in my SE Xterra. A friend of mine just bought a new Pathfinder and her rear view mirror is similar to mine except it has the temperature right below the direction and two buttons for garage doors. Does anyone know if something like this is available for the Xterra?

·
on line
42 Posts
Sure

Sure, Gentex makes the best quality mirror's out there- but they are not cheap, starting at $200 and the loaded up ones with homelink and temp/compass go up to $350 or so.

·
on line
76 Posts
I just ordered one off of ebay and will be installing it next week. I'll let you know how it goes. It came with the wiring so hopefully it will be just old and plug in new one except the temp sensor which i will run to the front fender area.

Graytshirt, what part of louisville are you from. I just moved from there this past summer to minneapolis.

·
on line
204 Posts
Fezzik said:
I just ordered one off of ebay and will be installing it next week. I'll let you know how it goes. It came with the wiring so hopefully it will be just old and plug in new one except the temp sensor which i will run to the front fender area.

Graytshirt, what part of louisville are you from. I just moved from there this past summer to minneapolis.
I live in Southwest Jefferson County, but plan to move to the Highlands soon. What part did you live in?

·
on line
42 Posts
Sweet. The one I just ordered off eBay too was from seller "ddave57" Very easy to deal with.
It really was the cheapest out there for all the features. Homelink, backlighting, compass, and temp gauge, for $275 + $8 shipping. Very Nice I say. Hopefully the install will go smooth.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Ok you guys! Your chance to make it big here with a good How to with pictures for those who dare to follow your lead.
Where you bought, (Post the link)
Picture b 4 install, (Of the product you got from vendor)
pictures of important steps and difficult areas. (What you need to do as well as Oops! Don't do that!)
How you ran the wires, hit power, sensors needed.
Picture installed and working.
Step by step instructions with comments.
Update comment's after you use it a while and when you discover problems with it or neat uses/features.
Thanks! I'll be looking for your lead on this one! I want one myself!
If you need any help, PM me. MC

·
on line
76 Posts
Grayshirt. I lived on Hillcrest Ave. right next to the St. Matthews area. The street you have heard is the halloween street that has thousands of dollars in decoration on halloween

I'll do a how-to next weekend when i tackle this project. This will be my first how to on an xterra. If any of you had a max and was on maxima.org i designed the popular hanger ghetto air box. So we shall see how this one goes. It just too dang cold up here in MN right now. i gotta find a warm garage.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
usmc xterra said:
Ok you guys! Your chance to make it big here with a good How to with pictures for those who dare to follow your lead.
Where you bought, (Post the link)
Picture b 4 install, (Of the product you got from vendor)
pictures of important steps and difficult areas. (What you need to do as well as Oops! Don't do that!)
How you ran the wires, hit power, sensors needed.
Picture installed and working.
Step by step instructions with comments.
Update comment's after you use it a while and when you discover problems with it or neat uses/features.
Thanks! I'll be looking for your lead on this one! I want one myself!
If you need any help, PM me. MC
Keep 'em in line MC!!

Yeah guys, we need some good "how to's" for this mod because i want to eventually do it but dont know where to hook up the temp sensor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts